More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by xop xop

In the beginning...

(spoilers) Some lore and details.

About drider biology, lifecycle and reproduction.

Driders are parasites simply put. They lay their soft-shelled eggs inside the wombs of humanoids and them to gestate. The offspring will be either sexless eusocial drones or warriors, or if the drider decides to, a new drider.

Driders have in their humanoid upper part a functioning womb and can, if nessecairy gestate their own eggs. Forcing a drider to carry anothers eggs is used in drider colonies as way to establish authority. This is not optimal however as the lack of genetic diversity results in weak offspring. In their arachnid parts lies multiple chambers, a chamber where eggs are created, and atleast one chamber of sperm from a third species. The sperm chamber is connected to the vagina of the humanoid body as well as the egg chamber, which can optionally be flodded for the eggs to be inseminated with sperm for extra genetic diversity.

When the drider implants her eggs into a host, the eggs gets DNA from from both the drider and the host, and optionally, the DNA of a third, inheriting traits from all three, though how many genes from which parent is inherited varies, and some genes might not become apparant until later in life, especially if the offspring is a drider.

Driders are instinctively proficient in magicks such as illusion and biomancy, some may also be proficient in other scools of magicks, but that depends on the driders age and genetic inheritance.

A drider can be divided into groups, weakest to strongest; drider, drider princess, drider queen, drider emperess, and drider matriarch. Only a couple of drider emperesses are known to have existed, and a drider matriarch is a hypethetical.

The driders greatest weakness is their inability to moderate their potency and size, gradually needing to pursue more and more powerful hosts to incubate the increasingly larger, powerful and more energy demanding eggs, which as you can imagine gets increasingly hazardous and attracts a lot of attention. Thus the older a drider gets the fewer eggs she will implant. A drider emperess will only get a super high quality incubator, able to handle the eggs and nesecairy body modifications in exeptional circumstances.

The driders have hollow fangs from which comes subduing venom.

The driders breasts do not produce milk, but instead an addictive aphrodisiac.

Other lore

A multitude of races of your typical fastasy varieties also exist.

There are two goddesses in this world creatively reffered to as the light and dark goddesses who both have created their own races and put weaknesses in each others creations.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)