More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Duskford Duskford

Which story will you follow?

(Information for writers and readers)

Guide

THE KINGDOM OF KINWALD

OVERVIEW
Inhabited mainly by humans, it is the largest in Atlarcton. It has a very fertile soil for farmers to thrive, being the producer of a number of goods for themselves and to sell the other nations. It is basically formed by grassy fields, forests, lakes and hills. It also has a heavy focus on military, its large, well-trained army being another one of its strengths; the Crimson Lions, the royal guard of Kinwald, is considered the deadliest group of fighters in the continent. The kingdom and its inhabitants are completely devoted to the One God, Alxer. The capital is called Kinend, and there are other important cities, such as Lion’s Bay, where Kinwald’s small port and war ships are located, and the County of Sollion to the west of Kinend, besides a number of small villages. Kinend houses a faction of the bounty hunters’ guild, perhaps a side-effect of being close to the best army in the continent, although they prefer to call themselves adventurers, to differentiate their guild from the faction of bounty hunters operating at Arcans. Recently, the County of Sollion has been giving indications that they want to separate themselves from the kingdom and become its own nation.

OTHER INFO
The kingdom’s colors are red and gold, and its sigil is a lion. The Lionwell family rules Kinwald ever since it was a small settlement, back when the old warriors colonized Atlarcton. They live in the Ruby Castle in Kinend. A Lionwell usually has brown hair and emerald-green eyes.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS
King Albran Lionwell and Queen Amalie: 44 and 42-years-old, respectively. Fair rulers, their popularity has seen better days. While the largest part of the population still supports them, there is a small unhappy portion that resents them for the drop in the economy that happened because of the war. They have four heirs, Reywan, Roghan, Adallis and Riekan.

Reywan Lionwell: 24-years-old, the future king of Kinwald. It is a tradition that the king’s oldest son has to serve in the Crimson Lions, but since Reywan has been sick and frail ever since he was a young boy, the duty was passed on to his younger brother, Roghan. A kind and very intelligent man who spends a lot of time reading due to his condition, he is loved by the people. However, about half of the same population would prefer to see someone stronger and ruthless on the throne when King Albran passes away, someone like Roghan.

Roghan Lionwell: 23-years-old, second in command in the Crimson Lions unit. He already planned to be a knight ever since he was a kid, but when Reywan’s duty passed on to him, Roghan took it to heart and climbed the ranks of the kingdom’s elite army, only sitting behind the legendary general Radus Devall nowadays. A rude, ruthless man, he doesn’t go along well with his siblings, and yet, he would be the first to jump in and protect Reywan if any harm threatened to befall the future king. Currently courting Lady Cecilie Volness, the daughter of an influent lord from his father’s court; the prospect of the prince marrying a native woman brings great joy to the people of the kingdom.

Adallis Lionwell: 22-years-old, the only female heir of Albran and Amalie. Loved by the people, the princess is a kind, intelligent young woman. Learned diplomacy skills directly from her mother. She is a bit old to not be married, but her father hasn’t received a betrothal proposal worthy of losing his only daughter so far.

Riekan Lionwell: 18-years-old. A smart young man, leads a quiet life at the palace in Kinend. Despite his brother’s Roghan’s wishes, never got into fighting and directed his attention to books and diplomacy instead. Fears his only contribution to the kingdom will be getting married to a random woman as part of some negotiation.

Radus Devall: 56-years-old, general of the Crimson Lions. Despite his age, he is probably the best swordsman in the entire continent. Was responsible for the capture of Falbrein during the war, a key moment that pretty much decided the outcome of the conflict. A wise man, also acts as an advisor to King Albran.

Vestia Lisffe: 23-years-old, was born in a small village in Kinwald. Has long blonde hair and blue eyes. One of the most skilled knights on the Crimson Lions unit. Rumor has it that she harbors some feelings for her superior, prince Roghan Lionwell. A stern young woman, strictly follows the rules and the guard’s code.

Count Morvan Boscair: 33-years-old, rules the County of Sollion, in the western region of Kinwald. Recently has been receiving requests from the locals to try and get Sollion’s independence. Negotiations have just started between he and King Albran on the matter.


THE KINGDOM OF FALBREIN

OVERVIEW
Inhabited mainly by humans. The capital, which is also called Falbrein, is surrounded by forests to the north, west and south, and by a cliff to the east. Once a technological reference, it had to learn how to work with the land after the war. It took some time, but the regent’s program of hiring workers from other nations to teach the knowledge to the citizens paid off, and the economy is starting to see signs of getting better, causing almost no one to remember the former king’s days. Princess Sarine Crowslaw just had her eighteenth birthday, meaning that her uncle’s regency is coming to an end. However, a large part of the kingdom wishes that regent Tolfin Crowslaw just stayed in power for good. Kinwald and Sandhaun also see the princess’ coronation as queen with concern, afraid she might just decide to take up her father’s old fight. The kingdom is devoted to the One God, Alxer.

OTHER INFO
The kingdom’s colors are grey and black, and its sigil is a crow. The Crowslaw family rules Falbrein ever since it was a small settlement, back when the old warriors colonized Atlarcton. A Crowslaw usually has crimson-red hair and blue eyes.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS
Tolfin Crowslaw: 45-years-old, was made regent when his older brother was deposed during the war and his niece was only one. Impressed the people with the idea of making everyone learn a job to make up for the end of the technological research. Many wish for him to be crowned king.

Sarine Crowslaw: 18-years-old. Daughter of the deposed king and queen, is supposed to be crowned queen now that she is eighteen. A smart young woman, wishes she could have more contact with her imprisoned parents, something that she is only allowed to do every six years. Wishes the best for her people, so she is actively considering the possibility of renouncing the crown in her uncle’s favor, since she will be queen when he dies anyways, due to the fact that Tolfin isn’t married and has no heirs. Sarine just doesn’t know if she can get over the role her uncle played on her father’s demise, even if it was for the good of the kingdom.


THE ARCANS REPUBLIC

OVERVIEW
Founded by humans, but inhabited by a large number of species. Once a proud member of an alliance that included Kinwald, Sandhaun and Falbrein, it now prefers to focus on improving its economy and grow as a country. President Barth Taille maintained all the deals in place with the other nations, though, the only thing that stopped a counter attack from them to restore the former kingdom. The capital, Aurum, due to being a very urban place, houses lots of different species, and guilds as well, such as thieves, bounty hunters, amongst others. Home to the largest port of Atlarcton, Arcans excelled in trade, one could find almost anything there, be it from the other nations in Atlarcton or from other continents. The republic is devoted to the One God, Alxer. The former queen of Falbrein is still imprisoned somewhere in the palace, but President Taille is considering the possibility of shipping her off to Sandhaun to be with her husband in their prison or even send her back to Falbrein.

OTHER INFO
The kingdom’s colors used to be white and blue, with its sigil being a shark, but the Republic banned those symbols when the rebels deposed the Gaeler family.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS
Barth Taille: 35-years-old, he is the first president of the Arcans Republic. His first term is running out after five years, and despite having the people’s approval, he still didn’t decide if he is going to run for a second one or not.

Cort Gaeler: 18-years-old. He is the former prince of the old kingdom of Arcans. He was kicked out of the palace when the rebels killed his parents and founded the Arcans Republic. Sheltered by old friends of the former royal family, he is still lost at what he should do with his life now that he is no longer the heir to a whole nation.


THE KINGDOM OF SANDHAUN

OVERVIEW
Inhabited mainly by humans, is located in the southern part of Atlarcton, in a sandy region. The kingdom’s main activity is manufacturing and selling fine clothes, fabrics and ornaments. Due to the harsh conditions of the desert, its people are stronger than the average human, and good fighters as well. Its capital is called Rasosh, although there aren’t too many other villages around. The kingdom is devoted to the One God, Alxer. The former king of Falbrein is imprisoned somewhere in the palace.

OTHER INFO
The kingdom’s colors are yellow and orange, and its sigil is a bear. The Zabrar clan rules Sandhaun ever since the Ahlain family died down almost four hundred years ago. A Zabrar usually has dark skin, black hair and dark brown eyes.


THE KINGDOM OF ANGLUREA

OVERVIEW
Inhabited mainly by elves. The elves in Anglurea excel at hunting and fishing, and they still have a port. The kingdom was able to maintain their economy stable by not taking part in the war. Ever since a long time ago, the elves became somewhat recluse in their own kingdom, although they still travel to other nations and allow other species to visit and live in their land. The royal palace and the largest town are situated inside a closed keep, The Rockwallis Fortress. The other place worthy of note in Anglurea is the Greyn Village, situated in a ravine at the very entrance of the kingdom. The kingdom is devoted to the One God, Alxer.

OTHER INFO
The elves didn’t bother assigning the royal family a color or choosing a sigil.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS
Halyen Halamook: an elf that acts as an ambassador of Anglurea in the kingdom of Kinwald.


THE KINGDOM OF DUSKATH

OVERVIEW
The island used to be inhabited by humans and dark elves, now everything lies in ruin after the kingdom got wiped out at the end of the war. The royal family, comprised of the king, Daigulus Grievein, the queen, Heltaris Grievein, and their two twins, Blake and Lysian, were killed. They were an atheist kingdom, and the people used to farm and fish very well. The survivors of the war, humans and dark elves, were allowed to live in the main land, but every now and then, people frown upon their lack of faith in Alxer.

OTHER INFO
The kingdom’s colors used to be blue and black, and its sigil was a panther. The Grievein family ruled Duskath since the old warriors discovered Atlarcton until the moment of their . A Grievein, due to heavy mixing of humans and dark elves, used to have black hair, blue or yellow eyes and white, bluish or purplish skin tones.


THE HOLY LANDS

A place devoted to the worship of the One God, Alxer, since the discovery of Atlarcton. A large temple was built there, and the land is ruled by the Archbishop. They have a small army of paladins dedicated to enforce Alxer’s will in Atlarcton. Each kingdom has a High Priest and a temple in its capital, responsible for enforcing the faith in Alxer.


THE BANFAUL ACADEMY

Built by humans, elves and dark elves, it is located in the mountains between Kinwald and Anglurea. An institution destined to tutor people who wanted to learn magic to harness those powers. They eventually became specialized in teaching defensive white magic and offensive black magic. An incident during a demonstration a few years ago severed The Arcans Republic from the rest of the continent, so the Temple of Alxer and its following nations the Academy to ban the teaching of offensive dark magic and restrict itself to the study of white magic. Those who want to learn black magic have to risk reaching for illegal tutors outside of the Academy.


WESTERN LANDS

Atlarcton ends in the mountains west of Anglurea, but past that large chain of mountains, one can find other lands and cultures. The access is easier by water.



Note #1: all the kingdoms start at roughly the same economic stage, some with more growth potential than others, with the clear exception of Anglurea, who didn’t waste their resources on the war; they aren’t too much wealthier than the others, though, the land is rough and they have to rely on hunting, fishing and their port.

Note #2: the map only depicts the most important places, each kingdom has other small villages and towns scattered through it, and one could find orc and goblin tribes deep into the forests.

Turn back

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)