More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Swallows999 Swallows999

It's time to wake up.

(Alternate World) Go outside and see... a castle?

The sounds of birds chirping woke me up and I bellowed an obnoxious open-mouthed yawn, happily crinkling my extremities before slowly crawling out of bed. I must've killed that bottle of whiskey I had been saving last night... not a single memory was saved! It was like I just appeared in bed.

My brain was on auto-pilot while sleepily navigating the room, stumbling past the stone fireplace whose embers had long since extinguished. In a stupor to reach the bathroom and take that relaxing morning leak, I pushed past the shoddy wooden table in the center of the room, topped with a dirty bowl made out of an animal's horn, some rolled up parchment and inkwells, normal stuff.

As I opened the door and took in the fresh air of the outside world I came to a stunning realization: First, I was not in Aunt Saige's hallway where I should be when leaving my room. Second, I was in the center of some kind of archaic village, with a modest castle on a hill in the distance. Thirdly... what was that about a bowl made out of a horn? I spun around and closely examined the bedroom I was just in, or rather, the bedroom, kitchen, living space with a chamber pot room! The lovely house I lived in was reduced to a single room!

I felt like I was in some kind of movie, a big-budget one too! For the moment, despite my rough awakening, it seemed that I was safe. There were other people in the area, minding their own business: tilling fields, carrying water buckets, one was wearing a suit of armor and carrying a sword on their belt. My eyes widened at the last sight; did I drunkenly fall asleep in a Medieval Faire or something?

"Good morning Adam, you slept in a bit, didn't you?" I turned towards the voice and saw an attractive red-haired woman, clothed like a commoner from a long bygone era. She wasn't a young girl anymore, but clearly wasn't particularly old either; in any case she had aged quite beautifully.

As I stared at her, the mysterious red-haired woman took on a look of concern, but kept up a pearly white smile, "Everything alright?"

Who is it, and more importantly, where am I?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)