More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Swallows999 Swallows999

Who is it, and more importantly, where am I?

(Medieval Fantasy) A land of might and magic.

"Who are you?" I said in a daze, scratching my head and trying to break through the wall in my hazy mind. This woman evidently knew who I was and from her tone, she must be familiar and yet...

"Oh my, were you bewitched by pixies? I've told you before, not to venture too deep into the forbidden forest. Those devilish creatures will play tricks on your mind!" She replied, "I'm your neighbor, of course: Sarah Gordon. You remember my husband, Fred? Our daughter, Holly?"

"Uh, sure. A bit, maybe." I lied, still incredibly confused, "Can you tell me where I am and what year it is?"

"Oh great Lady above! You poor thing, those pixies must've zapped your brain!" Sarah cooed, "We're in Greendale, the village belonging to Castle Green and it's the year 981." With how accepting she was of my questions, I wasn't honestly sure if this Sarah woman was just messing with me or just extraordinarily accommodating. "You should hurry and see the priestess, maybe she can cure your memory loss!"

"Priestess..." I repeat slowly, considering the implication, "She knows, uh... magic?"

"Well, I'm not familiar with that sort of thing, but I suppose so?" She pondered the question for a bit, "The great Lady grants her healing power, I've seen it before during the great Orc Wars when I was just a lass!"

"This 'lady', is she some kind of goddess?" I immediately regret my question as Sarah's eyes widen and dart around nervously.

"Shush! Don't let the inquisitors hear you say that..." She whispers, "Yes, the Lady in White is our one true deity, you would do well to remember that before going off in public. Now run along Adam, the church is just down the street, around the corner, you can't miss it!"

As Sarah departed, I breathed deeply, taking all of this information in and trying to parse some kind of conclusion: I was definitely not in my reality anymore, unless a castle just magically sprung up in my suburban neighborhood. If it did, I'm sure Aunt Saige would be thrilled; she and Zoey would have somewhere to tour on the weekend. I was in some kind of Tolkien-esque universe with magic and orcs and... who knows what else!

From the looks of it, Greendale was peaceful and quiet. If Sarah was any indication, the people (except those inquisitor she mentioned) were friendly and kind, but this wasn't my world! I needed to find a way home somehow... a portal perhaps? If this really was some kind of fantasy world, I needed to find someone that knew magic- that would be my best bet!

I considered my options, where should I go first?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)