More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by tyler7372 tyler7372

How do you introduce yourself?

"I'm Jason, nice to meet you man."

The two of you shake hands. His grip is firm, but you feel it's a good sign he isn't trying to crush your fingers. No overcompensating.

You walk into you room to see that he's already made himself comfortable. Several items of clothing were strewn about the bed closer to the bathroom, as well as a vintage Playboy nudie mag.

"Hahahahaha, Jesus Christ dude, couldn't even wait until tonight?" you laugh. He hastily grabs the magazine and opens the bedside table drawer to stuff it inside. Inside the drawer, however, something catches his attention. He turns to you, eyes alight.

"Jason, get your ass over here and look at this. What the fuck is it?"

Inside the drawer, you see a dusty old ring, a band of what looked like silver with something engraved on the inside. You pick it up for closer inspection, and find that the engraving is a Latin phrase: "Permutatio fit clavis ad concitatio." Andy beat you to it, and begins reading from his phone.

"Change is the key to excitement. I mean, sure, but that's a weird phrase to put inside the ring, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I don't know. What was it doing there, though?" you respond. Then, a thought strikes you. If he had one in his table, maybe I have one in mine? I mean, it's not fair he should get one and not me. I deserve one too... You shake your head. What just happened? It's just a dusty old ring, it's nothing special. Why was I getting so worked up over it?

Despite your logic, however, you find yourself walking towards your own bedside table. Upon opening the drawer, a wave of intense relief washes over you as you notice a similar ring in the corner. The relief is immediately followed by confusion, as you puzzle over why the ring elicited such a strong reaction.

Shaking your head again to clear your thoughts, you call out to Andy. "I've got one too! It looks more bronze than silver, but it's got the same message engraved on the inside."

Andy looks at you, his bright blue eyes afire with curiosity. "What do you think these are for? I mean, I was thinking one could just be someone leaving it by mistake, but one in each table must mean they're for us, right? Is it something from the school? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd do..."

While talking, Andy had been absent-mindedly fingering the ring, moving it around his hand, and as he finishes speaking he almost unconsciously slips on the ring. Suddenly, he collapses, his face contorted into a grimace of pain, and starts to involuntarily let out gasps and grunts.

"What... what's happening?!" he groans. You look on in horror as he rolls around on the floor, but something seems strange. You keep watching, and through the grimace you notice his features changing, his hair lengthening, his muscular frame diminishing into a slim, lithe figure. Nearly five minutes after Andy slipped on his ring, an extremely beautiful girl wearing his clothes begins to stand up in front of you. Her hair is the same shade of rich blonde as Andy's, but is long and wavy, and perfectly frames her slim, gorgeous face. Her lips are full and pink, her eyes the same shade of bright blue as Andy's. And even draped in his clothes, which seemed ridiculously baggy on her smaller frame, you can tell her body must be close to perfect.

Her expression, however, seems to indicate she is not impressed with her beauty. A look of confusion and horror mars her face.

"WHAT THE FUCK?! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? WHAT HAPPENED TO ME? I-I-I'M A GIRL, WITH LONG HAIR AND BOOBS AND SHIT, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!"

You blink out of your reverie, and gulp as you realize the gravity of the situation. "You... holy shit, that's you, Andy! What? How? What happened?"

The two of you stare at each other for a few seconds, and then both look toward the silver ring on her left index finger. A wordless understanding passes between you, and she hesitantly reached toward the ring. As soon as the ring is pulled off her finger, she collapses in pain again. The transformation takes less time, however, and Andy stands up after only about a minute, looking utterly frazzled.

"Dude..."

What do you do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)