More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Zingiber Zingiber

Passing the time...

"Can I get my Coke and an ice water now?"

The waitress turned and nodded to me. "It'll be about 10 minutes, sweetheart," she said.

I looked across to where she stood at the counter. I couldn't quite read the embroidered name on her blouse -- she had enough buttons open so the collar drooped down and obscured part of her name. "Do you think I could get that Coke?" I asked. "And a glass of ice water too?" I wiped my brow with a handkerchief.

"Sure, honey," she said. As she turned to fix up my drinks, I could see damp patches on the back of her striped uniform blouse. As hot as the diner felt to me, at least I wasn't running around working in the heat. I wondered how the woman running the stove was feeling. It wouldn't surprise me if she was frying my cheeseburger while stripped down to her undies and apron.

That image put a smirk on my face that was still there my waitress returned. Light-footed, I didn't notice she had come with the drinks until the condensation-dewed, curvy classic Coke glass slid onto the Formica tabletop in front of me. Startled, I put on a friendlier smile and looked round to thank her, holding out my hand before I realized that a cold glass of ice water was right where my hand was moving.

The glass flipped and splashed water.

Who gets doused in ice water?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)