More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sarckle Sarckle

What kind of world?

"A world like mine."

“Ah, a world just like yours. Nice easy choice, makes the experiment easier since you already know the rules to the world. So this target universe isn’t quite exactly like yours. Technically none of the universes are exactly the same as each other. But the difference between your universe and this one happens to be on an alien world, so it shouldn’t affect Earth anytime soon.”

The Universe holds the metal collar with your name on it, and just casually drops it above the world. The collar plummets towards the Earth. It slows as it approaches the ground, lightly touching down next to a tree. The surroundings appear to be that of a typical college campus.

“And now we wait. Oooh it’s so exciting, who’s gonna pick that up?” A short blonde woman is walking along the sidewalk by the tree. “OOOOOH, Watch this!,” the Universe starts excitedly calling. “She’s totally going to find it.” The blonde woman continues past the tree without noticing the collar. “Well that is certainly disappointing. I guess we’ll just wait some more.”

After some time passes without anybody even coming close to the tree, the Universe is visibly distressed by the long wait. Then a fat man turns the corner towards the tree. “Oh man that could be interesting. You controlling this man. Maybe you could . . . oh no he’s walking past it too.” The fat man rounds another corner also having missed the collar on the ground.

The Universe is visibly upset, but they perk up when another person rounds the corner. The brunette woman has her hair pulled back in a ponytail. She is wearing a LCU sweatshirt that hides most of her body from view but her legs are on display in a pair of tight jeans hugging her thighs and full ass. She seems distracted by her phone. As she passes the tree, she oddly stops mid step. All sound has stopped even the leaves blowing in the wind stop all movement. The Universe is now standing by the tree picking up the collar. They walk over to the woman setting it down on the sidewalk in front of her. “There she can’t miss that.” The Universe vanishes, and time resumes.

The woman steps on the collar. She stops looking at what she stepped on. She puts her phone away before leaning down to pick up the collar. “Sam. Be nice if it said Mona.” She rubs her fingers over the engraving of your name. She toys with the ring attached to the front of it. She tests out the clasp of the collar, making sure that she can open and close it. A look of curiosity on her face she slowly raises the collar to her neck locking it in place.

“YES! Finally I was starting to think that nobody would stumble upon the 100% randomly dropped collar. Let’s take a look at who you will now be in control of.” The Universe is standing in the time frozen college campus, circling around the girl holding what appears to be a manila folder. “According to my records, her name is Mona. She is a freshman here at LCU, which stands for ah Local College University. She grew up locally and is attending LCU as a business major.”

“Uhm who are you talking to?” Mona says.

“OH FUCK ME!” The Universe is startled by Mona’s voice. “You shouldn’t be able to talk. I guess maybe the collar is keeping your mind awake despite everything being frozen. Well Sam, I guess your control won’t be so mysterious to her.”

“Who is Sam? Who are you? Why can’t I move?” Mona appears to be panicking.

“Settle down. Okay so let’s start with me, because I do like talking about myself. I am the Universe, I mean that’s not my real name but it’s the best I’m gonna give you for your sake. Sam is from another universe that is for all intents and purposes is identical to your own. I have offered them control over someone in another universe. The selection process involved dropping a collar with their name on it, and whoever put it on would be subject to their whims at occasions to be determined by me.” A look of realization is all Mona can manage, her body still frozen in time. “Yep, that very collar. Now I think it is bad for the two of you to converse and I seemingly can’t freeze you, so I’m going to limit Sam’s ability to talk during these times. They will only be able to convey their control, besides that none of their communications will come through. And for why you can’t move, it’s because I have frozen time in your universe.”

“What is going to happen to me?” Mona asks.

“Ah well, that’s the fun of it. I don’t know either. Here in a bit I’ll ask Sam for a decision and whatever they say, you’ll be destined to do. So if they say pee your pants, you won’t be able to stop yourself from urinating in your pants. If Sam says that you should handcuff yourself to that bridge, then you’ll get some handcuffs, which I guess I might assist you in getting, and then you’ll attach yourself to that bridge. And you seem like a smart girl, so I think you understand the situation.”

“What if I don’t do what Sam says to do?”

“Ah well, then I’ll punish you. I might give Sam some more invasive choices. Or perhaps I’ll use the powers of a supreme being to change your universe for the worse. IF you prove to be particularly difficult then I might just set your entire world on fire causing everyone to die a horrible and it would all be your fault. But I’m sure that won’t be needed.”

Mona seems worried to say the least. “Yep, let’s avoid everyone dying.”

“Alright so with that out of the way. Sam, why don’t we test out this whole mess. What is your first choice for Mona the LCU freshman?”

What should she do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)