More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by fembroi fembroi

What is your answer?

"..don't get this at all but, let's do it. (Magic sounds awesome!)"

"I don't get this at all but, let's do it."

You grin in amusement.

'Magic sounds awesome!'

You think to yourself.

You had been going through life, doing the motions without much thought. Nothing had been very exciting for you, and your parents were always too busy with work. Otherwise, they were just making life more of a drag than it already was. Now, YOU had to take advantage of the opportunity! Besides, talking animals weren't a bad thing right? Didn't they have deep meaning in mythological culture or, whatever? Trusting this thing couldn't be bad!

"What's your name anyway?" You ask.

"They usually refer to us as Kyube." The creature says. It was weird enough it spoke in third person, but it also had to refer to multiple selves? You shrug it off.

"Are you ready to make a contract?" Kyube noises expectantly.

"I accept it." You spoke, the words seeming heavier than any words you had spoken in the past. You could swear, that something was weaving the words in front of you visually in golden thread. Could that be real? Or was it just the adrenaline racing through your body? No, something was definitely not right all of a sudden.

"Then, I will make it so!" The creature's voice chirped through the darkness. What? The darkness? You look down, noticing that it seems like you're floating through the air. You open your mouth but nothing comes out.

And now... you don't even feel like you need to think.

In a rushed moment you see the ears of the creature rushing forward into your chest. A bright light tearing from within you, stealing it away.

It felt like it was wrong.

Power, power.

That's what you wanted right? To gain the power, and become something.

You would no longer just be another face in the crowd.

People would see you.

Women would see you.

Your peers would revel in your presence.

There was a nervous chuckle, it sounded like... Kyube.

Right, the creature who was... giving you magic?

"Wow! I didn't think it would be so brutal..." You could hear his voice, but he seemed far away. You needed to find him, to get closer. You wanted to know if it worked! But you couldn't move.

"Males are definitely more difficult to contain in practical vessels..." Kyube noised, "I suppose this will do..."

An anchor seemed to clench your throat. You grunted slightly as it choked you for a moment.

Kyube only giggled in amusement.

"All..."

"...day?!"

"Are you going to sleep all day you bum? You only have 20 minutes for the bus!" Your step mother's voice woke you from your sleep.

What. What. What.

You sat up and looked around. The familiar bed room setting welcomed you. You were unsure whether or not to be relieved or disappointed.

Oh no, definitely disappointed...

School? How could you go to school after having such a cool dream?

Sure it sounded dumb, and like it was out of some girl cartoon.

But the thought of not dragging on in this meaningless life seemed...

too good to be true.

Move this way, move that way, put this on, do this and that.

You were like a zombie, doing your normal routine.

Your step mother's mouth moved but nothing of substance came out as she chatted to her husband. The table seemed miles long, with how little care you or they had for eachother.

You turned away and off you went, out of your home without a word.

You stopped at the bus stop. It was a chilly morning, but at least the air smelled clean.

You brush your fingers over your neck, only to notice a choker. Had it been there all this time???

A boy wearing a choker? That seemed kinda...

Your desire for the piece caused it to change, even from the conflicted thought. It took your accessory form of preference on your body.

Wait... had it... all been real?

School went as usual.

Boring. The teacher went on and on about her problems with men. It wasn't as though they weren't amusing... but it was always that way, every day.

You sighed a few times unconsciously. You felt so restless! Now that you knew this... weird piece of jewelry from your dream was real, you wanted answers!

A glint of light snapped you out of your thoughts. Ms. Saotome was standing right before your desk. Some snickers and giggles were heard behind her, but you could only bring your attention to the woman as she slapped a ruler on your desk as though not realizing you had already come back to reality.

"Mr.[Name]!" She says through gritted teeth, "Are we putting you to sleep?" She asks irritatedly, "Let this just be another example of a male's short attention span!" She proclaims dramatically as some students laugh while others shake their heads, "See me after class!" She demands before waltzing off.

You feel...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)