More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by M.U. M.U.

Who is looking back at you?

... young woman

... looking back at you has a bit of drool on her face, which you hurriedly wipe off with the sleeve of your woollen pink cardigan. Your trailing black locks have gotten messed up real bad, but unfortunately, your hairbrush got sent over with your luggage earlier on. You really aren't looking very presentable to your cousin right now. You huff in resignation, buttoning the cardigan up over your white t-shirt and adjusting your skirt. It's not like it's too big of a deal anyway, so you'll just have to make do with a bit of teasing.

You turn away from the mirror and look around. The station is empty, with only the automated cleaners roaming around to suck up any litter scattered around. Those machines are also the only sign of the area being in any way part of the current decade, because everything else looks like they're sixty or seventy years out of date. You knew your cousin lived on the outskirts of Agami City, but you'd definitely misjudged how primitive things were. You'd been expecting something more like the rest of Agami, albeit slightly less sophisticated, but instead you got this.

A strange noise catches your attention.

You whip your head around in an instant, catching a glimpse of something disappearing around a corner. The rumours return to the forefront of your mind. Mysterious deaths. Monsters. Disappearances. But you can't help your curiosity. Slowly and carefully, you follow after, footsteps light against the pavement.

You turn the corner.

One of the cleaning robots, a round, conical thing, is lying on its side. There is nothing around it that could explain its strange state. You look around. There's no sign of that strange shape you glimpsed either.

You shiver. The cold breeze is getting to you, especially when your bare legs are exposed to the elements.

Maybe you should head back and wait a bit more.

Do you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)