More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by EricGnome EricGnome

After a quick double-take, I...

...approach the table to watch the game.

The game paused briefly as I entered and walked towards the table; but it quickly resumed. I pulled out a chair and sat down to watch. It wasn't easy for me to pick up the rules of the game, because I couldn't keep myself focused on the cards. Five girls sat around the table, each far more attractive than I remembered. Brief comments were made by the six players, but the game was largely quiet. Apparently the girls were all taking it very seriously. My brother seemed to be the only one unconcerned with the outcome.

I slowly picked up an understanding. But by the time I'd done so, I had caught several of the girls glancing my direction. I _suspected _I knew what it meant, but I couldn't be sure.

Eventually, the girl on the far side of the table put down her last two cards and stood up. "There. I'm first."

"Mia!" One of the other girls shouted. "How did you do that?"

"I did it cleverly. That's how," she said with a smile.

She walked around the table triumphantly, then clumsily and ridiculously she dropped her phone behind the chair next to me. I watched her as she bent towards me to pick it up, and was surprised to see her lock eyes with me. She quickly mouthed the words Front Desk to me before picking up her phone and leaving the room.

The game continued and I continued to watch. But I comprehended little of what was happening. Inevitably, my curiosity got the better of me and I feigned drinking from my empty glass before looking at it suspiciously to say Guess I need more.

Outside the room, I threw the cup in the garbage. As quickly as I could without looking like I was in a rush, I made my way to the building's front desk. Through several hallways I walked and wondered what this was about. Could it possibly be what I thought it might be? Best not get my hopes up.

But my hopes did not stay down when I reached the front desk and found the family bathroom next to it with the door cracked open and the light on. Glancing around to make sure no one else was around, I approached the door and knocked on it.

"I'm in here, Nate."

I pushed the door open and found Mia standing in the middle of the bathroom. For the first time, I got a good look at her and what she was wearing. Her eyes were narrow as she studied me, but her accompanying smile was cute. Without the red heels she was wearing, Mia was probably no more than 5'6". Her brown hair fell in long waves just past her shoulders. She was slim and pretty in a red lacy dress that was supposed to reach her knees, but she held it up far enough on one side to reveal that her black nylons were actually stockings.

"Close the door, would you please?" she asked sweetly.

I hesitate...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)