More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by NEMESIS98 NEMESIS98

What happens next?

a very unwelcome guest

It was around two in the afternoon when your phone began ringing. You looked at the screen, it was an unknown number. At first you wanted to ignore it but something made you answer it anyway.

“Hello?” You spoke to the phone and at that moment the last person that you wanted to hear from began talking with the enthusiasm of a child who has had his first ice cream.

“Yo big bro what’s up? It’s me Ryan. Man I missed you too how are you?” Your 19-year-old brother practically screamed through the phone. You had to keep it away from your ear so your eardrum wouldn’t tear.

“Hey Ryan everything is fine. So why did you call?” You knew that if had said that to anybody else they would consider it very rude but your little brother had the common sense of a pigeon, so you could get away with it.

“You remember my band? Bro you aren’t going to believe this. We booked a gig for two whole weeks.” He exclaimed with joy. How could you forget? Ryan was a member of one of those punk rock things or whatever. You were to attend one and now would rather let a cat claw your eyes our than sit through one again.

“Ryan that’s fantastic but I’m sorry you know how my job is. I can’t make it out of town.” This was the only moment that you could be happy about having a strict bastard for a boss.

“Oh don’t worry it ain’t out of town.” Ryan said.

You frowned. what did he mean by that? “What do you mean? Where is the gig?”

“Bro it’s in your city.” His tone was kind of condescending, like he was talking to a child.

“What?” You exclaimed with horror. How could he get a concert in here? Your parents and Ryan lived on the other side of the country. who would give bunch of kids a two week concert.

“That is why I called you bro. Rusty, our drummer, was supposed to call his cousin so we could crash at his place but he forgot so we now don’t have a place.” You didn’t like were this was going. “So I told the guys that my bro lived here and we could crash with you.”

You slumped back on the chair. Why did all these things had to happen to you. People had brothers who were scientists or astronauts. why did you have to get a nut case punk in the lottery.

You began thinking, maybe there was a way you could get yourself out of this. Yes you could tell them that nobody was home right now, and maybe later come up with a plan with Emma.

“Ryan we would have loved to have you but you see right now there isn’t anybody home and me and Emma have to out of town this weekend.” You threw a victory punch in the air.

“Uh, bro are you sure nobody is home? I can see your wife getting a package from the postman.”

“What?” You asked.

“Oh your wife saw me, she is waving at me. I think she recognizes me. I’m going to tell her about the gig and that you are OK with us staying. Thanks bro.” And he hung up before you could say another word. Fucking idiot thought that you were agreeing with him.

You put the phone down and held your face between your hands.

This is going to be the worst two weeks of my life.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)