More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Somburliss Somburliss

What's next?

Your first assignment

“Welcome to Astera, Katelyn,” the Commander greets you. “So you’re one of the newly arrived huntresses.”

“Just call me a hunter. No need for the female version,” you reply. Geez, what’s with these people? Is it really so important that you’re a female hunter? Well, given the “Lounge” they just introduced you to, probably. This whole village seems to have a misogynistic culture, but it’s nothing you can’t overcome with your skill and determination. They’ll come to respect you in time.

“You’re certainly one of the more renowned huntresses that Astera has ever received. You come highly recommended from the Old World. That being said, you’re still a huntress, and no huntress has accomplished anything in Astera outside of the Lounge.”

“I plan to change that,” you state bluntly.

“Yes, every huntress does. Fortunately, all of our important operations are being handled by capable hunters, so I won’t have to take a risk on you. Still, it would be a waste to have such an accomplished huntress do nothing. Why don’t you hunt the Great Jagras out in the Ancient Forest? It would be a pain if it got in the way of our real hunters, and even you should be able to handle it.” With that, he waves you off and begins tending to other matters.

“Wow, he was kind of rude, wasn’t he?” Liz says, still within earshot of the Commander. “NO huntresses have accomplished anything? That can’t be true! Either way, we’ll show him. A Great Jagras will be a piece of cake!”

“You’re right, we’ll easily prove him wrong,” you reply. “We’re leaving immediately. A small fry monster like that doesn’t stand a chance.”

Mission Accepted!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)