More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Orlog4 Orlog4

Start.

Your fathers wish

You enter the private chamber of your father who is sitting at a table with a with a mug of beer from the local monastery. A second mug is at the opposite of the table. The room is rather sparsely furnished. It has only a bed, a table with four chairs a painting of your ancestor who became count for saving the king.

When your mother still lived she used to decorate the room and put on some candles. She never liked the naked stone walls. But she died when you were eleven years old. It's been eight years. But you still remember her very well.

“Ah, my son, please sit down!” your father said and points to the chair in front of the mug, “have a beer. It is very good the monks may not understand much about woman but their beer is just flawless.”

“Thanks, father,” you answer and sit down.

Normally you would address your father as my lord, sir or count Perell. But in private he is still your father. And even if he has much work he tries to spend as much time with you and your brother in private. He also was the one who teached you fishing and history

“As you know the kingdom is in danger,” your father tells you concerned, “Keylara the dark attacked the kingdom a month ago. And we have little news about what happens in the lands between the border and the valley of the six storms.”

“Yes I know,” you answer, “I wrote the reports of the guards after all. And to be honest I am worried. We know not enough aboutKeylara or her army. Next to orcs and goblins there could be creatures we have never seen.”

“That's exactly that a wise ruler should be worried about,” your father said nodding, “I wish your brother would be that careful. But I'm afraid he didn't took the crisis serious. All he thought about was if Keylara looks hot. And if there would be any chance to get her in bed before execution. Well, I hope he will get a little more serious when he has a wife and own children. By the way he didn't said anything about having en eye on a woman. I mean … a real relationship. Not the stories about a peasants daughter he fucked while strolling through the valley.”

“Not that I know,” you answer honest, “if he has then he didn't told me.”

“What a shame,” “How about you, my son. You are 19 years old. Any chance for a girlfriend? A minor noble or a pretty servant girl? You are not the heir of the castle and the estates, so you would not be obliged to enter into a proper marriage.”

“Well I have the feeling the daughter of the local baker flirts with me every time I come by,” “but she already is in a relationship. And It could be only imagination. So there is no need to cause trouble where is non.”

“At last one of my children understand the meaning of real love,” your father says and shakes his head, “listen, the king called all nobles to the capital to find a solution of our witch problem. I will go there and take your brother with me. I would leave him here but I am not sure he is ready for ruling the Valley. Even or only a month. For the next month I want you to take care of our lands. I trust you. It maybe will not be to difficult but keep your eyes open. It is my wish that you rule wise, strict and fair. And if the worst case appears and the witch attacks. Please be careful. I don't need a dead hero, I need a son. But I believe I will be back with a solution before the enemy arrives.”

“I … thank you for your trust in me, father,” you say honored, “I will do my best.”

“I know,” your father says, “I will leave after lunch. Sorry to come up with this so short but I was not sure if my decision was right. Then go, do you duties … and be careful.”

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)