More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ben Rosewood Ben Rosewood

What story do you want to read?

Your Secret

My hands trembled as I reached for the envelope that read 'Your Secret'. Deep down I knew what I'd find inside, but I opened it anyway. Sure enough, I found a photo of myself in the archives stealing a moment for myself. A moment where I lost myself at the end of my fingers. What had been my private little sanctuary had now turned into my personal hell.

There was no denying it was me either. Sure, the picture was black and white, but it was my face in the throes of ecstasy, and my hand between my legs that wore my torn pantyhose. You could even see that stupid teddy bear tattoo that I got on my right thigh for my 18th birthday. If only it was a photo of me twenty years ago. I was a bit slimmer then...

Once it sank in, I flipped the piece of paper over, which had the words 'Meet me here after hours'.

All I could do was take a deep breath and try to remain calm. Maybe all they want is a bit of fun at my expense. Hell, that's why I do this all the time. For the small chance someone might walk in on me and catch me in the act. I always knew this could happen. Deep down, maybe it's what I wanted for months. For someone to save me from my failing sex life, which has grown duller and duller ever since my divorce.

I tried my best to stick to my work. Of course, I couldn't help but check my email just in case my blackmailer sent me a message. That or my boss had told me I was fired. God, I can't lose my job. Not like this. No one will ever hire me again if that picture gets out.

Eventually, lunchtime came around. As much as I felt sick to my stomach, I didn't want anyone asking any questions of me. I had to pretend everything was normal, even though it was anything but. Everyone in the office is a suspect, but of course, I had those I suspected more than others.

First, there was Alex, from IT. He was a bit dweeby and always playing with new gizmos. Maybe one of those gizmos was a hidden camera he used to capture that photo of me.

Next there was Aaron. Aaron had been working with us for over a decade and had just gone through a bitter divorce. To keep away from his disastrous home life, he's been working overtime for the last few weeks. Despite being a middle-aged office worker, he does his best to stay in shape, especially now that he's a bachelor once more.

Garrett the janitor was another suspect of mine. Not only does he have keys for every door in the building, but I've also had to abandon a few of my 'overtime sessions' due to the fact he was cleaning up the archive room. He's a rather burly man, but there's muscle to his build too.

Then there was Jason. I'm sure I'm too old for the twenty-something intern, but he's the only other person I can imagine sticking around after hours, if only to brown nose. I don't know why someone as young as him is wasting away in the office. He could probably have any girl he wants.

As I sit with the girls, I eat my salad and wonder when I'll become a part of the daily gossip. News travels fast in the office and as far as I'm concerned, the only way two people can keep a secret is if the other one is dead. Hell, maybe one of them did it. I can't go one day without Jessica giving details of one of her many flings. Maybe she's gotten bored with that and decided to pull this little stunt for some excitement.

After my break, I went back to my office. I'd already conceded I wasn't going to be productive today, but I tried my best to keep up with my current workload. Something's better than nothing and all that.

I still had no clue who my blackmailer was. Lunch hadn't given me any insights into my predicament. My imagination ran wild. Is my blackmailer a man or a woman? What do they want from me? Maybe they want to give me the sort of sensations I try to find with my fingers. The sort of thing my ex-husband couldn't give me. Hell, he'd never had me this excited. Am I excited about this? Submitting to the whims of a co-worker and whatever ideas they have in their sick mind.

Eventually, the time came for me to do some overtime. I head to the archives. No one else seems to be heading there, so I'm still left to guess the identity of my blackmailer. Once I arrive in the archives, I head to my spot. The spot where that photo was taken. There, I find my blackmailer waiting for me.

Who is waiting for our nameless protagonist?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)