More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Myocastor_Coypus Myocastor_Coypus

How long are you ?

You're out cold for ten hours

Awful headache. Your legs are both numb. You've been lying in a mangled heap on the floor for ages, so that when you rise from the floor and blood start flowing properly, you get pins and needles everywhere, causing you to almost faint and tumble back into the abyss. Fortunately you manage to slump against the wall and sink no further than to a crouching position. From here, you notice your phone on the floor. It's the only source of light in the room, which, like before, is pitch black. The screen is cracked just a bit.

It's 09:59pm, according to the little lights on the device. For the moment there's no indication that it isn't 09:59. In fact, you haven't, since waking up initially, what is it?, like, ten, twelve hours ago, you haven't even checked that you are still in your little 13m² student cave. Aside from the bed and the hard floor, you don't have any indication that this place is the place it should be. Now this hypothesis brings with it some good news and some bad news. The good news is you probably don't have to worry about the phone staying inordinately long on 06:37am. You were probably , half awake, and so your perceptions cannot be trusted. The bad news is you were probably , kidnapped, and are now somewhere strange and foreign with no clue how to get out. Uh oh...

But that would be too easy, of course. You're still at home, at the student residence. The desk is there, your shoes and boots are there, and, here we are, that's the window and the shutter. Up it goes revealing evidence that it is indeed 09:59 -- well more like 10:00pm by now. It's dark outside, the lamposts are on, the sky is orange due to the lights of the city bouncing off the clouds, and there are still a few people coming into the residence.

So you must have ingested somehow. Or you knocked your head somewhere. In any case there has to be some sort of malfunction going on up there. So, how did you plow through the day and not see a single photon from the sun throughout?

...

ARGH!

STOP!

In the midst of your panic you had been staring across through your window at a window in Block A. Block A is where all the toffs live. It has rooms just like yours, and some twice as big, with a bigger bed, to accomodate couples, and of course it has all of the sort of micro-apartments. One thing that the toffs like to do is entertain, pretty much every evening. They have their neighbours over for dinner. In the most sophisticated households, each guest will have contributed financially to the aquisition of the constituent ingredients of the meal. It allows them to be a little less skint after they've paid their exorbitant rent and other expenses. Well, right now, given how close to Block B Block A is, and given the trees in between have been cut down recently, you can clearly see into one toff's kitchen. You can see a dude frying a pancake, and you can see he is quite immobile, and that his pancake is immobile in the air, mid flip.

You've gone and stopped time. Goodness knows how, but that appears to be the only answer. The only answer you can think of that makes sense. Of course it doesn't make sense. You can't stop time and not be affected by it yourself, surely? So the universe is frozen? But then if you are not frozen then the earth, the sun, the solar system and the galaxy should be, from your point of view, completely gone, millions of light years away. Yet here you are, what is this bollocks...

It occurs to you that you did voluntarily, sort of trigger time to start up again, and got a gargantuan wallop in the face. You don't fancy that happening again. Granted it's ony been a few minutes this time, but what if it makes no difference? And you can't be out cold for another half day's worth. What did you miss today?, Civil law and Econ. Ugh. No great loss. Econ teacher is pretty hot though. Damn. You missed that. Tomorrow is all sociology. Well it's not the most titillating but come on, can't afford to fuck that one up, right? There'll be plenty of time to explore what time stopping can do later. Like at the week-end. In a controlled environment. When you can get really far from civilisation, not embarrass yourself, by like, walking into the street in pijamas or something 'cos you jumped half a day forward. And besides, if you just leave it alone a few days it might disappear. Perhaps this is a dream and you'll wake up soon.

Waste of a potentially awesome dream though...

Do you try to act responsibly or seize the moment?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)