More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by KsSam KsSam

Does Sam go to talk to Chloe?

Yes

I really should go talk to her. I can't be a baby about it forever. I climbed off of my bed and stood up, stretching for a second before walking to my door. I opened it and began making my way downstairs. As I walked into the kitchen, I saw my mom at the dining room table a few feet away. She looked up from the book she was reading, her glasses on the bridge of her nose. She gave me a warm smile as I moved to the fridge. "Hey mom," I said with a smile. "Hi sweetie. How's your day going?" she inquired as I opened the fridge. "It's going well, I guess."

I took a quick look into the fridge and snatched a bottle of water off the top shelf. I closed the refrigerator door and stepped over the bowl of fruit laying on the bar. Picking up an apple, I walked to the table. "What are you reading?" I asked before taking a large bite of the fruit. Once again my mom looked up. "Oh, it's just some silly romance novel your aunt Bonnie lent me. I didn't think I would enjoy it, but I've only read five chapters and I'm hooked already." She let out a small laugh, as did I. When my mom gets into reading a book, it is very hard for her to put it down. I'm the same way, though my sister and dad are completely different, preferring to play sports and watch football games instead of reading.

As she looked up at me again, her smile disappeared almost completely. "What's up, honey? You look like you want to ask something." I stared at my mom, amazed that she could read me so well. Even after eighteen years, she never failed to surprise me. "Um, it-it's nothing. I was just wondering if I could ask you something about a friend of mine?" My mother now looked intrigued, a look of interest showing on her face. She put her hand under her chin and stared directly at me. "Of course, you can ask me anything. I might not be able to help, but I sure can try." She looked at me expectantly, and I cleared my throat. "U-um, thanks," I managed to say before I began stuttering, "I-I was ju-just gonna ask you a question ab-about a...a female friend of mine." My mom shifted her position, her head now held slightly higher than before. She said nothing, expecting me to continue my thought. "So, she and I have be-been friends for a while now, but now all of a sudden, she's acting we-weird around me," I stammered. "I just don't know what's going on, and why she's being so...different, I guess. She's never been that way around me before, so why is it happening now?"

My mom gave me a long, hard look for a few seconds before her lips pulled into a deep smile. "Sam, are we talking about who I think we are?" Her question left me a bit confused and more nervous than I already was. "Wh-what do you mean? Who do you think I'm talking about?" The woman across from me never faltered in maintaining her smile as she gazed at me happily. I was growing increasingly nervous as the seconds passed, before she finally answered.

Who does Sam's mom think he's talking about?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)