More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by wit1 wit1

Does the trap suceed?

Yes and no

Velma tensed as she heard the secret door creak open. She kept her eyes glued to the painting over the fireplace as the green-faced monster peeked out. The orange clad sleuth turned and let out a practiced scream as the zombie stepped out. As expected, it stepped right on the skate and began rolling towards the net. She squealed in delight as it fell to the floor enmeshed in the heavy net with a thud.

“We got it!” Velma called out. Daphne came running, back-up net still in hand.

“Quick!” the short brunette exclaimed, “The rope.”

“I thought you had it.” the redhead answered. The girls looked at each other. Amid grunts and groans, the zombie struggled to its feet. Hastily Daphne threw her net over the zombie. The extra weight drove it back to the floor. Both girls knew that was only a matter of time before it managed to free itself. More out of desperation than any formulated plan, Velma sat on the zombie. She reached among the holes of the net. Her hand grabbed pieces if it’s tattered shirt. Several large pieces came free. She began tying them together. Seeing what the brain of Mystery Inc. had in mind, the zombie began bucking in an attempt to throw her off. Velma was to hold on to its scaly skin with both hands.

“Get its belt.” Velma called out. Daphne immediately dropped to her knees and grabbed the buckle on the Zombie’s belt. Deft fingers quickly began to work to free the stiff leather belt. She had barely managed to free the end of the belt from the belt loop and was just starting to thread it through the buckle when she froze. A loud creak sounded. Both girls looked over to where the secret door was.

“Jinkes.” Velma called out as a second zombie appeared in the doorway. Although a couple shades to the gray of the one they were sitting on, it could easily be mistaken for the first zombie.

“What do we do now?” Daphne asked as the zombie entered the room. Velma took one look at the zombie headed towards them. She didn’t hesitate the slightest.

“RUN!!!” Velma yelled. Both girls scrambled to their feet. Together they headed for the kitchen door. They could hear the zombie freeing its companion and coming after them. With no obvious weapons to use to defend themselves and not willing to risk getting trapped in some hidey hole, they continued to the opposite door. Hurrying through it, they found themselves in a corridor going to the left and the right.

Which way do they go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)