More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by tusasre tusasre

Do I muster up the courage?

Yes, but not straight away

A couple of days passed and I couldn’t pluck up the courage to contact Chloë. I felt really bad about it, but just couldn’t do it. My trigger to finally do it was the police contacting me about the court hearing which I needed to attend in a few days’ time. I pulled myself together and texted Chloë: “Hi Chloë. It’s Dave. I was told about the court meeting today, I know it’s not exactly the best premise, but do you want to grab a bite to eat afterwards?” I pressed send and put my phone away hurriedly, my heart beating hard. I’d done it. I’d actually asked Chloë Grace Moretz out on a date. My brain was struggling to comprehend it. I felt like the luckiest man on Earth to even be in the position to be able to do that, not thinking of potential refusal – I was living in the moment of asking her out and loving it.

I went about my day, but then, an hour or so later, I got a notification. I had a feeling in my heart that that was it – Chloë’s reply. I opened my phone and saw it: “Hi Dave! Sure, I’d love to!” My heart leapt madly. I had secured a date.

The days before the court hearing dragged on for what seemed like years. Then, finally, the day came. The hearing itself was a complete blur in my head, although I remembered testifying about what I’d seen and done that night, and remembered the man being sentenced to 3 years in prison for felony sexual battery. When the hearing was over, I followed Chloë towards the exit. She didn’t seem to make any particular contact with me – not even a look. Had she forgotten? When we left the building, she got in the car she’d arrived in without looking at me and left. I was broken. What had I done? What had happened?

What had happened?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)