More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by YourBestNightmare YourBestNightmare

Does Lucy get the notification she had hoped for when she gets home?

Yes, but not quite what she expects.

Lucy made her way home, and climbed up the stairs to her bedroom. Her parents probably wouldn't be home for hours, which was just as well, as she didn't especially want to be bothered. It had been a long day, capped off by the disappointment of the exam results. She threw her backpack on the floor, and flopped down face-first onto her bed.

As she did, she heard a faint "crunch" below her pillow. Lucy lifted her head, annoyed by the intrusion to her relaxation, and reached below her pillow. She pulled out a slighly crumpled letter, addressed to her, and... With the Hycondrex Labs logo!

"Keep calm, Luce" she thought to herself, "Just open it and get it over with. You've got other options". But she didn't REALLY feel like she was ready to see the results. Like jumping into a frigid pond, it was just best to leap right in. She ripped the top of the envelope with her eyes closed, unfolded the letter, and opened her eyes...

She scanned the letter for immediate results. She was... In! She'd been accepted for the the summer as a paid internship! Which department would she be assigned to? Research? Development? Testing? Medicine? She flipped to the next page to find out...

"Reception??" Lucy exclaimed out loud, "I'm going to be... A receptionist? This can NOT be right!". But there it was; the letter explained that all of the more involved positions had already been filled, but Hycondrex had found her a position in their secondary building, as a receptionist.

Lucy had been certain that with her parents working for the company, she would be a shoo-in to get an involved position doing cutting-edge research, testing... Even editing test result papers would have been fine, but this was... Discouraging at best. It was too late to apply anywhere else. She would have to accept. In less than a month, she'd be joining Hycondrex Labs, a dream employer, as a lowly receptionist.

Does anything change before her first day?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)