More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FallenSaint FallenSaint

Whose story do you follow?

Writer Information

Sorry for the delay in updates to this story. Like the others, I've had little time to work on them and even less time on the internet to actually post anything. Soooo today I'm going to start some work on this story and I'll work on some others later if able.

Now to the main part of this page: Information!

This story will follow the paths of certain heroes/villains in the Super Mario World. This story was at first intended to be a spoof, but then I thought about it more and more and decided on a darker twist of the Mario games. All of the Character paths will be meeting at some point, and each will be giving a part of the bigger story.

Does that mean there will not be any branches? No, there will still be branches, but a bad end on one could be considered a "GAME OVER" for the entire story since one path not reaching the end will mean the story doesn't reach the perfect(?) ending. So I feel it necessary to point out that the canon path is the one that will lead to the true ending(s).

Now, each character will have information at the bottom of the post. So lets use Luigi as an example!

Character: Luigi

HP: 12/12

Weapon: Hammer

Status: Normal

Inventory:

Mushroom X 1

Now for a breakdown. Character and Weapon should be easy to understand. It is the name of the Hero/Villian and what he is using in combat. Each character can only have one weapon at a time, so if another is found, they have to either leave it or drop their current weapon.

Next is HP. For Luigi, the HP is 12 to start with, but finding a ONE UP mushroom will increase it by 1 point. Finding the regular Mushrooms would heal damage done to Luigi by 2 points, and can be carried to use later. Each Hero/Villain will start with one of these Mushrooms already.

Unlike weapons, more than one of an item can be carried with a maximum of five. I'm mostly used to items from the first Paper Mario game, but I'll be looking up others to make sure that I'm putting everything possible in the game.

Finally we get to Status. Normal status means that the hero/villain is physically alright, even if their HP is low. Status Effects such as POISON and BLEEDING will cause damage to the character every post until it is cured or the character dies. CONFUSION will cause the character to attack his allies or himself if he is alone. SLEEP makes the character unable to act for a time. BLIND makes the character miss on almost all actions. There will be other status effects, but they will be rare or determined by what area the character is in.

Now..... This is a darker story than most Mario games. I've already planned out the deaths of certain characters. Heroes and Villains alike will be falling in this war. Allies of Mario's from all the different games will be coming to fight on one front or another and some will not make it to the end. I just want to let everyone know that ahead of time.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)