More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by BlueCicero BlueCicero

What approach?

Why not BOB?

Hacking an omnic. Despite the oddness of the contract, Sombra couldn't help but smile at the fact that she thought it was possible. At least, partially.

'Can you hack an omnic' is a question she got a lot as a hacker, and the answer is usually 'no'. When a pinstriped corporate bastard asks whether the omnic population can be scrubbed free of that pesky free will, the answer's 'no'. When a wealthy playboy asks whether a specific omnic can be rewritten into his personal plaything, the answer's still 'no'. When Omnica went under, they destroyed their notes on omnic AI. Without those notes, and considering the complexity of an omnic mind, simply hacking one is out of the question. Never mind that any omnic worth their salt has some basic form of software defense.

However, the omnic body is much more . In order to achieve their superior physicality, the average omnic have a number of virtual machines distributed across their body. They aren't easy to hack, the omnic AI can retake them with enough time, and orchestrating them well enough to properly move the omnic can be maddening. But Sombra could appreciate a good challenge.

The next day, she was on a plane from Mexico to Arizona. She spent the next week infiltrating Ashe's hideout, analyzing BOB's defenses, and waiting for the right moment to trigger the trap. Sure enough, at the end of the week, Ashe had a meeting with the other gang leaders in her territory. With the ever-loyal BOB right by her side.

Where's the meeting?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)