More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Thirdfred Thirdfred

Do I be a Hero or a Villain?

Wait, what are my powers anyways?

Author Note: Hey this is my first time trying to post a story. As I was reading this story I really felt like I could write a thread for it. I will try to keep things as similar as I can to be inline with Bolt’s story but I don’t think I can quite do the hyper spur of the moment MC that he did, so I will have him toned down a bit in that regard but he will probably still have his moments. Also I am writing this in Libre and copying it over to post so if there are formatting issues due that that, I’m sorry and send help.


Hold up, I gotta calm down. First I don’t even know if I have a power. I mean it is cool to be transported here, but if I’m just a normal defenseless dude in a world of supers… That’d suck.

Alright let’s see.

I take out my wallet and set it on my desk. Then I stare at it.

I stare harder.

I STARE AT IT!

I feel a vein throbbing in my head. I will make it move. I my will at it and finally!

I give up. The wallet just stares back at me. Mockingly.

“Fuck you.”

I then go to my dresser and try to lift it.

In much less time than the wallet, I give up.

OK so no psychokinesis or super strength.

I need a break.

So I sit down and try to focus. Listening. All I hear is the TV let me turn that off.. wait! I focus on the TV to will it to turn off. It does, after I use the remote. Back to focusing. Listening.

Well no telepathy or super hearing. To be honest I’m a bit thankful for the latter. That could be inconvenient, especially in New York.

I then get up, now rested and run to the other side of the room as fast as I can! I get there quickly but it is only like 10 feet, so it was quick, but not SUPER quick.

I punch towards the window trying to shoot a laser beam or something. I jump. I slap myself. I shout “SHAZAAM” “Abra Kadabra” “Wingardium Leviosa!” “Wingardium Leviosaaa” They were both equally ineffective. I pick up my wallet, “Veni Vidi Vici!” it’s still there. I probably should have thought about that because if it disappeared or something I don’t know if I’d be able to get it back. Then again trying to shoot a laser beam at the wall was probably also one of my less impressive ideas.

knock knock

I stop what I’m doing and look at the door. Opening it slowly I see a lady I don’t recognize.

“Hey uh… I don’t know what you are doing in there but you’ve been making a lot of noise for the last few minutes. I don’t really mind but I figured I’d warn you just in case.”

I think I feel my face heating up. Emotional control is also not one of my powers.

“Uhh.” Eloquence is not one of my powers. “… Sorry, I just uh. Well. Hi.”

First time interacting with a Female: +5 XP!

‘What? Wait. LitRPG!’

“Status!” Nothing… err well except

“Uhh Hi.. I’m fine. And I have a boyfriend.” My neighbor says.

Emotional Control is definitely not one of my abilities. But turning into a red signal of some sort might be.

“Uhh sorry.” ‘I must think of a save!’ “I was..” ‘If you can’t Lie, TRUTH!’ “I woke up today and started wondering if I might have superpowers but never used them and how I wouldfindoutandthenIstartedstestingthingsandstuffandrememberedlitrpgthenyeah.” I spit out ‘note to self, if you can’t talk don’t’ I think to myself as my words turn into wordvomit. I think that might actually transform into simply vomit. Would that qualify as Transmutation?

The girl stares at me for a bit until finally she says, “veni vidi vici?”

“I was possibly out of ideas.” I respond. ‘What the hell was I thinking!?’

giggle “Ok well good luck hero, I’m off to work, and you might want to try the noisier ideas.. outside.” She waves at me and walks off to the elevator. I shut the door and just.. need a break.

What do you do after you recover?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)