More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ElleAira ElleAira

But for now..

VOLUME 1 - JOURNEY TO PHLEG (FINISHED)

In a not too distant future.

Aki, his tattered cloak billowing in the wind, stood amidst the desolation of the battleground. He struggled to catch his breath, his weary gaze fixated on the night sky. Moonlight illuminated his face, revealing a crimson mask formed by the terrible mixture of blood and sweat.

One way or the other

In the distance, the warrior king, renowned throughout the land for his indomitable might, rose with determination. His two-handed axe served as a prop, aiding him in lifting himself from the ground. Both his sword and armor were battered and unrecognizable, bearing witness to the brutality of their clash.

Summoning the last reserves of his strength, the warrior king bellowed a defiant roar and charged towards Aki, his great axe raised high. But amidst the chaos, a soft female voice whispered Aki's name.

"Aki... please."

Though the plea reached his ears, Aki's gaze remained fixed upon the sky, his face void of hope.

"Aki!" the female voice cried out, desperation tinged with anguish.

At long last, Aki tore his eyes away from the moon, directing his attention towards the fallen figure who called out to him—a woman. Her shattered shield lay discarded nearby, her outstretched hands a silent plea. Her once-beautiful face now bore the scars of bruises and cuts, rendering her almost unrecognizable.

As his gaze locked onto her, a flood of emotions surged within Aki, breaking the dam he had erected to conceal them—anger, betrayal, sadness, confusion, and, finally, an overwhelming, maddening love.

In the very moment the warrior king swung his mighty axe, Aki's roar reverberated through the air as he raised his right hand. Three radiant orbs surged forth from his grasp, striking the warrior king mid-swing. The great axe plummeted to the ground, and the king fell to his knees, gasping for breath.

Weakened and worn, the king could only look up at his conqueror, awaiting his inevitable demise.

With his body ablaze with pain and fatigue, Aki slowly retrieved his sword from the ground. Tears streamed down his face as he beheld the two fallen figures, both looking up at him, their fates resting upon his final decision.

One way or the other.

Pick a POV

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)