More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Cantalope Cantalope

First of all, who *exactly* are you?

Up and comer in the corporate world.

You've always been a workaholic and you fit right in when you walked into the corporate world. Unfortunately you ran into some trouble early on due to your gender, the men in charge didn't want a woman calling the shots, and you'd been pointed towards a career as a secretary more than once. So you compensated: you put in long hours, networked, helped in other departments so you could call in favors when you needed them. It helped, somewhat, but you still weren't getting the recognition or the placement you deserved. So you started playing dirty. You became ruthless, playing the human element wherever you could. A little here, a slightly too-revealing shirt there, and the same men who impeded your career became stepping stones for promotions.

That was years ago, now you were almost at the top. If all went according to plan you'd be running the most powerful company in the state before the year was out. Of course with stakes as high as these you'd barely done anything but work and sleep. The few friends you had at the office were all encouraging you to take a breather or you'd burn yourself out. You'd only taken their advice seriously when you'd started dreaming in spreadsheets. So now you were home, briefly, trying to remember how to do something non-work related.


You eye the unmarked package on your counter, feeling over the card to check for hidden devices. It might be the sleep deprivation but you're feeling paranoid. You run a hand through your brunette hair and take a deep breath. The stress must be getting to you. Holding the card at arms length, you peek inside. Nothing but writing. Opening it fully you read:

What does the card say?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)