More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by splotch splotch

What's the case?

Undercover

Shannon sat in her office, in her pants suit reading over some dull documents on her monitor. This wasn't what police work should be! She wanted to be out chasing crooks, getting danger and excitement! Did they keep her locked behind a desk because she was a woman? Nobody had ever been outright sexist to her, but who knew what their secret motivations were. The thought angered and annoyed her. She was as capable as any other officer, and she'd soon prove it.

Suddenly her wrist communicator vibrated. Shannon looked. It was a message from her division chief, Marvin Richards. He was calling into his office, right now! Shannon rose, throwing on her jacket and hurrying to his office. She'd never been summoned so urgently by her boss. She felt a flutter of excitement as she reached Marvin's door and opened it.

"You wanted to see me?" Shannon asked. Inside was Chief Richards, with a woman Shannon didn't know sitting across from him.

"Come in Shannon." He gestured at a nearby seat, but Shannon stood, crossing her arms.

"Shannon, you've received your undercover training, correct?" Richards asked.

"Of course sir." She replied.

"That's good, because I've just had an undercover job dropped on me that you are perfect for. Actually, as far as I can figure you're the only one here who can do it. It's not the usual circumstances though..."

Undercover? Shannon nearly jumped for joy. Now THAT's where the action was! On the front lines, in direct danger, dealing with the lowest elements. If she succeeded, no, WHEN she succeeded no one would be able to doubt her ability or dedication. Real work would start flooding in and she'd be able to start moving up the ladder of promotions even faster!

"I'll do it sir." Shannon said firmly.

"Well, let me explain the circumstances..." The chief said.

what's the job?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)