More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Enigma5 Enigma5

Who are you and what brings you here?

Trent, A Sales Manager on a Company Retreat

You are first off the bus and into the lobby. It is the main reception area of the resort, with a minimalist aesthetic and light colour scheme. There are a few wicker chairs surrounding modern tables, with plants in the corner.
"Welcome to Petplay Paradise." The lady at the front counter says. You didn't really register it the first time. She's now greeting your colleagues as they file in, one by one. The woman looks serious, but not stern, with a bob haircut and thin eyebrows, she looks young as well. She can't be older than thirty. By now, all your colleagues have disembarked the bus and are now milling about the lobby.
"You must be the Sewell Corporation, party of 16." The lady said, sweetly, typing something into her computer.
"That's us," someone replied gruffly, stepping forward. That was Maxwell Copeland, the company CFO, the highest-ranking company official on the retreat.
"Excellent," she said, "Welcome to Petplay Paradise, we're sure you'll enjoy your stay here. Let's get you checked in."
"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Maxwell asked, accusatorially, "What is this place?"
"This is the Petplay Paradise," the woman said, calmly. "The premier resort for Petplay. We take things very seriously here."
"Petplay?" Maxwell sputtered. "What the hell is Petplay? This is ridiculous. I thought we were just coming here for a nice tropical vacation. Who organised this?"
"I don't know sir, it just says in my computer here, Sewell Corporation, party of 16, it seems you've got the premium deluxe package, the most authentic we offer."
Maxwell now rounded on you and the rest of the company.
"Who organised this? Who put this together? This better be a joke."
Leroy from accounting piped up, "I'm pretty sure this whole trip was organised by Sabrina and the girls from HR."
Maxwell rounded on them, but before he could speak, Sabrina piped up. "Oh calm down Maxwell. This will be fun. I've read about petplay and tried it a little myself, it can be very relaxing. I know it's a little unorthodox, but I think this will improve morale, and be a great team bonding experience. Besides, we're already here, and it's been paid for. It wouldn't be very fiscally responsible to leave now."
Maxwell looked stern, though less angry than before. He turned back to the woman at the front desk.
"If your party were to cancel now, unfortunately you would be out nearly $50,000." She said.
There was a long silence. Interminably long. Nobody said anything.
Eventually Maxwell grumbled, "Oh, alright, I suppose we can try this. What happens next?"
"Well, first things first, we have to know what pets you're going to be. It says here that your party has two cats, two dogs, two bunnies and two horses, as well as a master for each pet. You can work out amongst yourselves who will be what."

What do you end up as?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)