More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by orobanche crenata orobanche crenata

What are you going to do?

Travel into the past.

On one hand, your history buff ex has told you countless stories about how the people of the past were simultaneously a lot like us and somehow way, way worse. LGBT+ people have historically been treated like garbage, so your bisexual ass probably wouldn't be very safe in most time periods.

Hell, the people of the past probably wouldn't be very safe, either. Medical science is the best it's ever been, and any germs you're carrying on or in you have had a longer time to evolve. Depending on how far back you go, historical people couldn't even handle contemporary infectious diseases, let alone the weird futuristic shit you'd be bringing along.

On that, what if you got struck down by a historical plague? Would fucking Leonardo DaVinci even be worth it if you caught the Black ?

...On the other hand, you've always been curious about what everyday life was back then. Most surviving records tend not to be of the average person, this being doubly so for ancient times. And what of all those events lost to history? Or the Library of Alexandria?

Oh, and the people you could meet! You could visit France and ask the Marquis de Sade what the everloving fuck his deal was (and you thought you had weird kinks). You could talk to Marie Curie and tell her, hey, maybe step away from all the radioactive stuff? And-

I will spare you the rest of this embarrassingly long train of thought. Which time period?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)