More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by glaum glaum

You need to distract yourself.

To take your mind off, you start unpacking your bags.

You brought with you one medium sized luggage case, a backpack, a duffel bag, and a purse. You're not sure whether you've over-packed or under-packed for this trip. There was no return date, no ticket back home, not yet. After unzipping your bags, you start folding and placing your clothes in the larger than expected closet on the side of the bed that doesn't have the large door outside. It's quite spacious, enough to fit a few people in comfortably inside. A few bathing white bathing robes cling on to clothes hangers within. Much less sexy but a lot more functional than the one the woman from earlier was wearing.

Around the corner of the closet, you start placing your toiletries in the bathroom. It's relatively small compared to the large room, with only a sink, shower, and toilet with little space in between. You calmly and methodically finish unpacking your things, although you're surprised at how fast you've done so. It seemed to take five times as long just to pack. You set the bags in the empty space inside your closet.

By the time you finish unpacking, the sun has started its descending arc behind the large mountain that seems just outside your window. The waterfall seems to start just halfway up from the mountain. If you squint, you can see a few stone pillars surrounding the source of the waterfall. Tied to them are colorful ribbons, billowing in the wind.

It's as if you've spent half the day daydreaming here already. Perhaps it's a good sign having your brain shut off to soak up little moments every now and then. What's not a good sign is the rumbling in your stomach. You haven't eaten all day.

You have no idea where to find food here.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)