More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AndromedaPotter147689102 AndromedaPotter147689102

Where next?

Time-skip: Year four: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

_(Please note: This is a story starting in year four specifically the Tri-Wizard Tournament. I will at most have a barest definition of a reference to MickGesitt, Campbell, or Ragnockae136's works. But will avoid them at every opportunity if I can. This specific chapter is the starting point for my hopefully future work on the story. Cordially, _AndromedaPotter147689102)

(Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland)

Marvolo was in his fourth year at Hogwarts, he'd had a rough road, he'd faced troublesome trio's and put up with numerous trials and tribulations. He was never certain if he'd survive Hogwarts, but in his mind, it was more exciting this way. Magic was dangerous, just as Fire is dangerous, anybody who forgets this is likely to get burned. Marvolo was a celebrity on account of his name and lineage, same as Harry Potter. Where Potter was impulsive, Marvolo was more pragmatic and logical, something he shared with Hermione Granger.

Like Potter the Sorting Hat had some brief difficulty deciding which Hogwarts House Marvolo was best suited for. Though a Gaunt by blood, he espoused traits found in the other Houses too. He was Brave and Courageous like Godric Gryffindor, and Intelligent and Witty like Rowena Ravenclaw, but also Kind and Loyal like Helga Hufflepuff. But ultimately the Sorting Hat chose a House it thought he best related to, though it was a hard choice clearly.

Marvolo knew that if selected as Slytherin Marvolo would solidify Gaunt Tradition, indeed most Pure-Blood family Tradition at that. But if Gryffindor was picked, Marvolo would break that Tradition, as Sirius Black had in his Sorting. Marvolo had always hoped to distance himself from his families dark reputation and joining Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and especially Gryffindor would be a big step towards ending that tainted reputation. All Marvolo could do was pray and hope for the best outcome, even if he didn't know this at the time.

So what House did the Sorting Hat choose anyway

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)