More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 7 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

Time to go?

Time for work

Pam's house is now in a little bit of a mess because the Joker and his goons had broken into her house in a sick attempt to kill Pam to get against me. I am not surprised that the clown tried this. After all, I wasted so many years of my life as his personal whipping girl. For Joker, me going sane was the equivalent of him losing one of his chess pawns and nothing more. If I hadn't gotten away from him, he would have eventually killed me and replaced the pawn faster than one could say "Rodney Dangerfield". I think of this comedian because I definitely got no respect from him. Because of this, it was so satisfying to put the clown down with one punch thanks to the horseshoe I had put in my boxing glove. That was my final Independence Day from the psycho.

Now that the danger has passed, the clown and his cronies are wrapped up in vines from their feet to just below their necks. Before they were tied up, I had to frisk all of the bad guys to make sure that they didn't have any weapons to help them escape. When that was finished, I called the police to come pick up the trash and then went to comfort my girlfriend Red on the couch. I am worried about her because she got a little careless during the fight and almost got attacked by one of Joker's goons. While I have my arms around her, I feel a single tear run down her face and onto mine. I am so shocked! I have never seen Pam cry before.

"You should go," Pam suggested even though she knew that there was no way I was going to do that. "You are already late for work."

"There is no way that I am leaving you alone until the police have cleaned up the garbage," I objected with a stern look.

"I had to try," Pam sighed as another tear fell down her face.

"You are taking this way too hard, Red," I complain as I very carefully wipe the tear away with my right hand. "That mistake could have happened to anybody. Just promise me that you will be you will be more careful next time."

"I will," Red replied with a weak smile.

"Good," I answered with a kiss. "You are the most important thing in my life."

"You always did know how to make me feel better," Res proclaimed to which I can only reply with a hug. "I am very impressed by the way you handled that clown. You even saved my life. I will never forget that."

"It is always a pleasure to serve my princess," I state proudly while kneeling on the ground on one knee to get a laugh out of Red. I love it so much when she laughs.

In the next minute, the police show up. It looks like the whole police including Commissioner Gordan has shown up and it looks like Pammy's whole yard has turned red. I shouldn't be surprised considering the kind of manic I am dealing with. Pam and I go outside to watch the fun while the police are reading the bad guys their rights. I get a proud smile on my face as the head bad guy is being into the wagon. It doesn't even bother me when the clown gives me one of his evil looks.

"To the moon, Alice!" Joker threatens.

"Blow it out your ear, Ralph!" I taunt back.

After all of the excitement is over, Pam gives me ride to Wayne Enterprises. We don't say anything because we are both tired because of the of the weird wake up call we got. I give Red I goodbye kiss when we get there. I then precede to the basement where I work. I almost dread showing up since I am an hour late. The reason is that the mail room is ran this rather gruff individual named Jeff Hearty who makes Lou Grant look like a pussycat. He is even gruffer to me. I guess I can sort of understand it considering the past I have lead. I am not surprised when I hear a voice bark at me when I arrive.

"You're late, Quinn!" a meanie with black thinning hair barks at me.

"You see..." I try to explain.

"I don't want to hear it!" Jeff rudely interrupts. "Your coworker has gotten started on the first floor floors! Get started on the rest!"

"Yes, sir," I reply while grabbing my mail cart and rushing off.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)