More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Omalley99 Omalley99

How does she break in?

Through the front door

The front door had to be the best way in, it offered the easiest exit should anything go wrong, and it was most likely to get her where she wanted to go.

With that in mind, Seren spun around the corner of the alleyway and covered the distance to the front entrance in a few short seconds. She paused in front of the door, dropping to a crouch and slipping a multi-tool from the loose belt she wore about her waist.

She worked swiftly, aware of how exposed she was out in the open here, and within a few short seconds she heard the distinctive click of the lock sliding open. She wasted no time in slipping open the door, and slipping through, looking about for the inevitable alarm unit.

She spotted it just behind the reception desk, in plain view, and simply raised her arm towards it. A pale light built in the centre of her palm, a glowing orb that grew in intensity for a few seconds until it shone with a pure white brilliance. Seren simply clenched her palm for a moment before opening it again and allowing a thin beam of white light to spear outwards, neatly piercing the alarm unit. She clenched her hand again, extinguishing the light, and leaving behind a tiny burn mark, no larger than a pin head on the alarm.

Satisfied that the immediate risk of discovery was gone, Starlight relaxed somewhat and took a proper look around. She had actually come in here a few days ago in her civilian wear as part of her preparation, just to see how far she could get, but a stunning redheaded receptionist had stopped her in her tracks.

No matter whats story or excuse she tried, the redhead just wouldn't allow her through, so she only had a limited understanding of what lay inside the building, so this was a perfect chance for some investigative digging.

Glancing around, she took in her surroundings looking for something that she could use. Her eyes alighted on the receptionists PC, something she would surely be able to hack into and could potentially contain untold amounts of information and evidence.

Beyond that there were corridors leading off towards lifts, and several flights of stairs. Did she risk wasting time in the foyer? Or should she dive straight into the rest of the building and hope to find something concrete?

Stay and investigate or press on?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)