More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ViceTight ViceTight

You decide to...

Think about the process of genefusion. Maybe some solid logic and recollection may ease your mind.

Human kind's latest invention in the genetic engineering department. The fusion of one species' DNA into that of another. Originally, the aim had been to create new crossbreeds of different species. The modified sperm and ovum were left together to fertilise and produce. The result was a mess of flesh, hardly resembling any features of either parent race. Type 1 and Type 2 were born and brutally, naturally murdered in this way.

Then there was Type 3. Type 3 did not fair much better. The subject was instead taken as a live, healthy individual, injected with a enzyme-mutator and left to simmer. The science behind it is much too complex for you to understand, but the idea was to adjust the DNA, recode it, alter it. New cells produced by the body would take on a new genetic code, replacing the old ones as they shed naturally. All seemed well, no obvious mutation had occurred in the test subject but they were alive and well. Gradually, the person began suffering from regular losses of consciousness, seizures, then heart attacks and strokes before their entire body rejected itself. Each organ being shut down and cut off one at a time until all was left were the cancerous cells, which still continue to divide and live on as you sit here today.

You nod your head, close your eyes and say a prayer to whatever highly disappointed god that might be willing to listen to an abomination of nature and human endeavors like you.

'You... Type 4'

You cringe.

Should you really be thinking about all of this again?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)