More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lightsky lightsky

Where does Luke’s story begin?

The ice planet of Hoth

Luke Skywalker shivered as the harsh winds brushed around his bare face. Though he was completely covered, from head to toe, in the warmest layers of clothing, he still couldn’t escape that detestable cold. He tried to spit out in disgust but he could feel his own saliva freezing before it even shot out of his mouth. This wasn’t the warm adventure he had been hoping for all those years, daydreaming of another universe. Being a child of a desert planet didn’t help matters either - Skywalker swore he would never return to his home planet but the last two months on Hoth were beginning to make him change his mind.

“Echo Three to Echo Seven,” Luke shouted into the comlink. “Han, old buddy, do you hear me?”

“Loud and clear, kid.”

Luke smiled at the assured voice that rang back to him. Though Han was difficult and often did things his own way, him staying on with the rebel alliance made Luke feel safe and at ease. There was something about his confident that just made him feel comfortable, at home. He wouldn’t want to be anywhere else other than at Han Solo’s side.

“Well, I finished my circle, I didn’t notice any life readings,” he said back, squirming beneath the wind. Surveying this ice desert wasn’t an easy job for Luke - but he was willing to go along with it if it meant that there was a chance he could help out and advance his career.

“There isn't enough life on this ice cube to fill a space cruiser. The sensors are placed, I'm going back,” Han said, casually cutting off. Luke turned to the west and could see the distant image of Han turning back, heading away to their home base. The youth followed him with his eyes for a good few seconds before replying back.

“There was a meteorite that hit the ground over there and I want to check it out,” Luke says into the comlink in his gloved hand, remembering that Han was calling for him. The youth was given the go ahead to return to base and he knew it could prove dangerous to rush ahead when night was so close. Still; there was something about this place that was feeding his senses, something sweet and bitter that was luring him forward. That something had a foul aftertaste.. he looked down to his lightsaber that clasped to his waist and nodded, reassured of his decision.

The creature he rode, affectionately referred to as Tauntaun’s by the crew, began struggling beneath him. Luke knelt down to her neck and began whispering into her ear, hoping to soothe her as she rocked him back and forth. “Hey - steady girl,” he pleaded, scratching her head sweetly as he continued trying to calm her down. “What’s the matter, you smell something?”

There was suddenly a horrible howl; standing before Luke was a tall and menacing beast that was gargantuan even compared to the Tauntaun. The young rebel didn’t have time to react before the beast swiped him and his walking guide, sending him crashing to the ground with blood draining from open cuts all around his face, the Tauntaun immediately dead.

Is Luke ?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)