More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lightsky lightsky

Where does Luke’s story begin?

The gas planet of Bespin

"Vader."

Luke whispered to himself as quietly as he could - he knew that Leia was speaking the truth when she was shouting for him to turn back. This was, indeed, a trap used to lure him in. But traps work both ways and if he were effectively prepared, he wouldn't have anything to worry about. The fledgling Jedi swallowed his nerves and walked into the elevator shaft. Calm yourself, he told himself, his blaster still gripped in his right hand in case any stormtroopers came to ambush him.

You aren't just a Jedi - you are a Skywalker.

The elevator lowered Luke to a dimly lit area. It was wide and had a certain odor; he wasn't quite sure what it reminded him of but he could have sworn it was that of carbonite. Though the room was still, his Jedi senses allowed him to see through the ruse; he was being stalked by a very powerful opponent. Skywalker placed his blaster back into its holster and looked around curiously, trying to find the villain that so desperately sought him out.

Rustic orange lights activated on the floor, met quickly by somber blue hues from above. Luke could feel his presence - it was so close but he couldn't figure out which direction it came from. Until the ominous breathing began from behind. The Jedi Knight turned around to see that dark tyrant by the name of Darth Vader standing powerful and firm above the stairwell.

"The is with you, young Skywalker," Vader stated. "But you are not a Jedi yet."

We'll see about that, Luke thought to himself, eagerly approaching the black garbed man. Vader towered over Luke but he didn't allow that to intimidate him - there was no time for that. Skywalker wanted Vader to see that he was fully in control of his powers; instead of reaching for his saber with his hand, he allowed The to float it into his hand. There was a brief pause between the two men until Luke answered this silence with the activation of his cyan lightsaber.

Vader's scarlet weapon replied back.

Luke took the first swing but his attack was effortlessly dodged by Vader. He attempted to swing at him a few more times, growing frustrated as each attack was anticipated by his opponent. "You have learned much, young one," Vader said as Luke tried thinking of a new way to disarm him. He didn't know if Vader was genuinely complimenting his abilities or taunting his lack of creating an opening.

"You'll find I'm full of surprises," Luke hissed back, thrusting forward with all of his weight. He wasn't able to foresee Vader's next move as he found his lightsaber being spun around and around, with such that he could feel it slipping from his grasp - and then Luke's weapon deactivated and flew straight out of his hand and a good few meters away. Vader lunged forward and Luke reflexively tried to fall back; however, he soon found himself stumbling and twisting beneath the stairs.

Vader jumped toward the defenseless Skywalker, his weapon still activated. Luke struggled to maintain his footing but he was determined not to lose his confidence just yet. "Your destiny lies with me, Skywalker," Lord Vader replied, walking slowly toward the youth's direction. The towering villain stalked him like a looming angel of . "Obi-Wan knew this to be true."

"No," Luke said defiantly.

Luke noticed Vader's hand move suddenly - and he could feel himself falling back again.

How did Vader make Luke fall back?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)