More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by majus majus

What's next?

The beginning

You sit at the table on the first floor of the tavern, with a view on the main plaza... right on the raws of men and women in the pillory. Your attention travels to the official reading the proclamation.

“...for their plans to rebel, Ma Yuanyi his followers and his clan are all sentenced to the .”

No sooner when he finished speaking, the executioners started their bloody work.

“Good, good.” you turn to look at the elder man sitting next to you. “Pleased to meet you, young heroine. It's always a pleasure to meet those who intend to leave their mark on history - and it's no better time than now, to do so.” He nods to himself. “The time of heroes has begun. Time of brave warriors and inspiring leaders, time of crafty strategists and capable officials, time of villains and time of just. But who is who?” He smiles “This is for the victors to tell... This are interesting times we came to live in.” He nods slowly. “All is well, all is well.” He looks at you and smiles “It was a pleasure meeting you, young heroine.” with this words he got up and walked away.

You turn your drink. The man had a point, you have to decide what you will do now. In the end, your choice is obvious.

[A1] You will join Han dynasty. You will exterminate the rebels and bring the peace to the land.

[A2] You will join Yellow Turban Rebellion. The Azure Sky is dead, the Yellow Sky will rise.

[A3] You will stay independent and make a name for yourself

[A*]write in

Your family is but a minor noble clan, which owes its status to

[B1] Eunuch

[B2] another noble family

[B3] past martial achievements and deeds of loyalty to the dynasty

[B*] write in

As the clan's head, you dedicated everything that your clan owned, selling land and houses. You have managed to gather 500 gold coins. The first thing that you decide to do is to

[C1]gather supplies, to feed your future troops [GOV]. You could but it, but you prefer to save the gold.

[C2]gather gold, it's always useful [GOV]

[C3]gather troops. Since you don't have anything to feed them with you will have to pay with gold [LEA]

You might meet important people during your rounds. What you value the most in people is

[D1] virtue

[D2] ancestry

[D3] talent

[D*] write in


AN

Choices:

A3 choice – hard route. Possible routes: vigilante, bandit, warlord, merchant.

B* - the suggestion that the clan ascended to nobility directly from orders of Emperor will not be accepted.

Not obligatory choices:

Who was the elder man? If you guess correctly the protagonist will receive 100 VC. As I see it, there are two candidates.

[X*] write in

If you have suggestions for physical description of Gao Xi

[Y*] write in

If you want, you can suggest some common traits of clan members.

[Z*] write in

Question:

Should the readers be allowed to throw the dices? F.e. I need to test the battle between characters, should I use some throws performed by readers?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)