More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FallenSaint FallenSaint

The Wolf, the vampire, the Kappa, or something else?

The Werewolf

Venus took the bill for the werewolf off the board and heard Ace sigh. He knew that she was hunting Lycaon to the point of obsession but wouldn't dare say anything while she could hear.

"Look Ace, I don't mind you wanting me to slow things down, but right now my work is all I have. I'm going to keep hunting."

"Alright, just be careful. Sometimes does more damage to the person trying to obtain it than it does to the one it is acted upon."

Ace walked away and left her to her work. She bought what supplies she needed and set out for Casval. The journey took her three days, and she had little problems getting there. In Casval, she went to the house of the man who posted the bill, and knocked. The man who answered looked tired, like he was ready to drop.

"Hello? How may I help you?"

"I'm here to help you actually. You posted a bill in Namina about a werewolf?"

The man's eyes lit up and he invited her in. She came into the small home and took a seat beside a rickety table.

"Yes, I want the werewolf brought here."

"Here? As in, brought into your home?" This was shocking to her. No one ever wanted a monster brought in alive.

"Yes. You see, he is my son. His mother has grown ill the last few months. The healers say there is nothing they can do but make her comfortable. Her last wish is to see her son one more time."

"What makes you think he will want to come home?"

The old man sighed and shook his head. "After he was attacked by a werewolf, my son went into the forest on his own. He knew what he was going to become, so he left. Our hunters still spot him from time to time but he tries to avoid them. There have not been any problems from him, but he refuses to let us get close to him. I need someone skilled enough to reach him and beg him to come back."

Venus closed her eyes for a moment, trying to piece the whole thing together. A werewolf who had enough control not to kill the people around him? She knew that some could hold their human forms for short periods of time, but even then they were violent and cruel beings. This one though seemed to have more control, if his father's story was to be believed.

"So you want him brought here, unharmed? What if he can't be convinced? What if he attacks me?"

The man's eyes grew tired again as he took a seat across from her. "If he attacks, then I expect you will do your job. I'm not under any illusions that my son is still completely sane. I've heard the stories. But if there is even a small chance..."

This was so new to her. Her instincts and rage said to kill the beast and be done with it, but then again... If he was sane, maybe he knew something about Lycaon.

Does she take the job?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)