More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FornicationStation FornicationStation

Question is, what am I going to do about it?

The Power Outage

Sitting in my bed, pondering my choices, I was shaken from my thoughts by a sudden darkness. Everything had shut off, the TV, my bedroom clock, the bathroom light. I checked my phone I had charging which confirmed my thoughts. It wasn't charging. We had lost power.

I tried to stay calm, although it was the first time this had ever happened. The building wasn't exactly new, but it's not like it should have been easy to knock off the grid. I got myself up towards the window to see if I could spot any other apartments with this issue.

All around me was dark, it seemed the whole block had lost power. And the current weather made it easy to see why. We had a full-on blizzard on our hands, and the snow and wind must have knocked down a power line somewhere.

I took a deep breath. Deep down, I logically knew everything would be okay. There was plenty of dry food in the cupboard, I had plenty of flashlights and spare batteries, and there was no real danger. The roads were incredibly icy so there's no point in driving anywhere. The only answer was to wait out the night.

I shivered, and realized the one problem we would have. The temperature. The air in the apartment was starting to fall without the source of heat. I looked at my phone. The time was 6:52, and there was a long, cold night ahead. I don't have that many blankets, since I generally prefer it cold. Not subzero cold, of course though.

The saving grace here was that I was definitely not alone. I had two roommates after all, and if we get our heads together, I'm sure we can figure out something. Maybe someone has some extras, or something. With a newfound resolution, I got up and walked towards my bedroom door. Time to find my roommates and make it through this night! That is, if anyone else is actually here?

Who else is trapped with me?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)