More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Progenitor Progenitor

Comment below! How do they go about exploring the structure?

The Northern Control Room

Mission Time: 1821, March 10th, 2154

Location: Unidentified Extraterrestrial Structure

__________

The Recon Team went north with BOB after setting up a field expedient headquarters in the foyer of the structure where they had entered at.

The northern corridor lead into the control room, or what they perceived as a control room. It was massive, reaching nearly two undress feet across and lined with every sort of panel that could imagine. The center, however, was the most telling feature. It was punctuated by pure carnage. Multiple dead aliens littered the room in various states of horror. Their bodies were twisted and gnarled. One remained in tact; it was slumped over what appeared to be the primary control panel.

"BOB, scan the bodies." Alicia instructed. She pulled a PDA from her belt and began interfacing with the little droid. Andy's hand rested on the grip of his pistol.

"Nope, don't like this." He said. He toed one of the mummified bodies with his boot and it's arm, a gnarled thing with three fingers, broke off. "Yep, nope, not a bit."

"Relax, Graves. They've been dead a real long time." Julie said.

"Don't care." He said.

The droid moved about the room scanning quickly, moving from body to body and sweeping the scanner across furniture, panels, and even the floor as it went. There were at least three alien races here, none of which she had ever seen before and that she was willing to bet weren't anything terrans had encountered before. One was some sort of monster faced, muliarmed thing that sported obvious punctures in its chest. There was one laying close by that was in some sort of blue colored clothes that gave it a regal look. Its stomach was torn open.

: SCAN INDICATES THESE BEINGS DIED VIOLENTLY. : BOB announced.

"We see that, BOB." Alicia replied.

: SCAN INDICATES AT LEAST 5 LIFE FORMS LEFT DNA IN THIS ROOM. SCAN INDICATES ONLY 3 LIFE FORMS REMAINS ARE STILL IN THE ROOM. :

"Any details about the remains?" Asked Dr. Oliver.

: SCAN INDICATES THAT THREE OF THE DECEASED LIFE FORMS WERE FEMALE. BOTH MALES DIED FROM MULTIPLE PUNCTURE WOUNDS. ONE FEMALE DIED OF PUNCTURE WOUNDS. ONE FEMALE DIED FROM DISEMBOWLMENT. ONE FEMALE CAUSE OF UNKNOWN, HAD RECENTLY GIVEN BIRTH AS INDICATED BY PROTEINS AND FLUIDS SCANNED NEAR THE BODY.:

"Oddly specific." Andy said.

"BOB, any clues as to the function of this room?" Dr. Oliver said.

: ROOM APPEARS TO BE A CONTROL CENTER. LAST KNOWN COMMAND ENTERED BY DECEASED FEMALE SUBJECT AT FORWARD PANEL. LAST COMMAND APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN CANCELATION PERAMETERS FOR FACILITY STANDBY MODE. :

That was odd. BOB continued to explore the room and scan the various instruments and consoles.

"Julie, see what ANT can extract from the console." Dr. Oliver said. Julie chirped something in reply and then pushed herself between the mummified remains of the dead alien at the console and pulled off a front access panel with her multitool. She was glad to see that the guts of the panel weren't completely different than anything else she'd seen, human or not. She used a scanner on the front of the tiny PDA they called ANT to scan for something she could possibly patch into.

Henrietta walked amongst the corpses and toed several of them. Millions of years had masked some of the grizzly details, but it was abundantly clear that these beings had died in a bad way.

"So either they killed each other or... Whatever killed them is still here." She said.

"I don't see any weapons." Andy said in support of her observation.

"There's a big fucking cannon outside." Luther said. "May be a military facility. Maybe killed by encoms."

"Maybe." Dr. Oliver said. "Clocks ticking, people. Julie, what have we got?"

"I'm locked out sir." Julie said. "System is coded in ancient linguistics unlike anything ANT has ever seen. It's going to be at least another two hours to crack the code."

__________

What do they do? Stay put for two hours while Julie works or does the team split?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)