More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by EnergonCube EnergonCube

Downloading gamer.exe

The Next Morning...

Bella awakens to the sound of her phone buzzing off the hook. She ignores it, as she doesn't have work today. Then it buzzes again, and again, not stopping. That's when the girl opens her eyes.

'Wait a minute, didn't my phone break?' she remembers, and turns over in bed. Grabbing the device, she slides her finger over the touchscreen, only to be greeted by an unfamiliar OS that looks more like the menu screen in an RPG.

"What the hell?" she questions aloud, and starts flipping through the menu screens. Her name is listed as Belphegor and her class as Gamer. Her occupation as a convenience store clerk and a host of other info was listed as well. What really caught her eye was status effects, and she tapped on it to bring up more information.

Hormone Replacement - A mixture of estrogen and antiandrogen is currently in your blood stream. These makes your skin softer, your breasts larger, and your hips curvier; but keep you from sustaining an erection.

'Okay! I already knew that.' she thinks to herself. 'Actually, I may as well take some more now since I'm already up.' She sets the phone back down on the table and climbs out of bed. After stretching her arms a bit, she heads out the door and into the hall.

Immediately upon entering the hall, the menu screen from the phone pops up in her face.

"The fuck?" she questions aloud. She steps back into her room, and the screen disappears and her phone vibrates. She steps out of the room and once again the menu appears in her face.

'I guess this screen is going to pop up as long as long as I don't have my phone.' she thinks to herself. She looks around for away to close it, and sure enough, she finds it. Tapping the button in the air, the mysterious pop-up vanishes.

"Well shit. At least I didn't wind up in a survival horror game." she says, chuckling at her own joke.

Exiting the hall, she enters the kitchen and pours herself some water to take her meds with. After taking them, she has a thought.

'I bet I can examine this.' she thinks, and starts concentrating on the water. Sure enough, within moments, a couple of pop ups appear.

You learned Examine! Investigate the world around you and discover it's secrets.

'Sweet!' Bella silently exclaims, a burst of jubilant energy and child like excitement filling her bosom. Next she checks the other pop up.

Glass of Water - A glass full of plain tap water. It quenches your thirst. But is the glass half full, or half empty? Perhaps we'll never know.

"Interesting." she quips to herself. This could come in handy later. Finishing the water, she begins examining various other items in the kitchen.

Potted Cactus - A house warming gift from your brother. You never had a green thumb, but as long as you remember to water it every three months it won't die on you.

Plastic Knife - A crude plastic knife useful for cutting food but not much else. You've never been a fan of washing dishes, so you buy these in bulk.

Plastic Spork - The ultimate utensil, combining the utility of a spoon and a fork. The perfect weapon when combating soups, cereal, or a plate of mom's spaghetti.

'Who wrote this stuff?' Bella silently ponders, though the sense of humor does match her own. She always found item descriptions with more character a lot more enjoyable.

She ponders what else she can do now that she is basically a character in a video game.

What does she try next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)