More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ldnldn ldnldn

Select the Case

The Mysterious Streakers "Case"

“ …Including solving the at the Lily Inn and unmasking the Ghost Foreman of the San Rufino mine. In summary, I have the skills and experience to be the perfect mystery-solving partner!”

“Yeah, yeah, I read your resume already. If you are such a good detective, then try to deduce the real reason why I didn’t call you back?” Laura twisted her neck upwards to see the woman she was talking to. The gorgeous detective was laying down on the beach, wearing only a bikini on her perfectly smooth and tanned skin.

“Because you are on vacation?I tracked you down, another proof of my excellent abilities as a detective, to skip directly to the interview. As my family always says, you can only trust a face that you have seen.” Looking down at Laura and interrupting her sunbath was Annie Nigma, a young woman with fuzzy ginger hair, emerald eyes, freckles, and a spring on her step.

Unlike Laura, Annie wasn’t dressed for the occasion. She was wearing a pink collar dress, a red cardigan, brown shoes, and thigh-high white socks. The real mystery was how she could stand the heat on that outfit.

“Well, yes, but more importantly, because I don’t need an assistant right now.”

“Oh really? I bet that if you had me by your side when you chased the Queen of Pranks, she would have never tied you naked on the San Marino pier.”

“How did you-?”

“I saw the pictures online.”

Laura grumbled. “You are not exactly endearing yourself to me. Go away.”

“I’m afraid I won’t take no for an answer, it’s a family motto.”

“Listen, girl, being a private detective is not what you think it is. You spend your time stalking jealous spouses to settle divorces and inheritances, not chasing after mysteries like the Scooby Gang.”

Annie frowned and crouched down to be closer to Laura. “I know that! That’s precisely why I want to become your partner. You always deal with weird criminals, like the Queen or the Heartcrusher gang…”

“Urgh, don’t remind me.”

“…and after your job with the Queen, you have the money to reject the boring jobs and focus only on the interesting cases.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Laura was getting hot; she grabbed her pearl-encrusted hand towel and used it to wipe her brow.

“I simply must be your partner! It’s the only way I’ll make a living solving mysteries!”

“Those were strokes of bad luck, girl. Mysteries don’t come and go. Leave me alone and go join the police or something.”

The girl didn’t move from her spot, she just kept staring at Laura with a faint smile and puppy eyes. “…You going move from there?”

“Not until you let me work with you.”

Laura remained unimpressed, but the girl didn’t seem to budge at all. “If you want to make yourself useful, why don’t you give me a back rub while you are here?” the detective suggested half-sarcastically.

“Sure thing, boss!”

“Don’t call me that.” Annie got on her knees and began to enthusiastically knead on Laura’s back. “Wow, that’s good! Aaahh… You really should drop this mystery stuff and become a masseuse. You’ll actually find jobs that way.”

Annie kept smiling, but she was scoffing inside her head. Yeah, right. Mysteries were always around the corner, all you had to do was look for them.

Speaking of, a lanky woman with colorful lips and chocolate pigtails decided to stand in front of Laura. She was wearing a blue one-piece that complemented her lean physique quite well.

“Great, another one. What do you want?”

“Sorry,” The woman got down to her knees and ran her tongue across the span of Laura’s leg.

“What the-?!” Laura quickly turned around and sat down. The woman gave her a little peck on her lips before turning tail at full speed. “Huh?”

“Puzzling, isn’t it? There is always something weird going on! Want me to chase that woman and try to solve this enigma?” Annie proposed.

“More like there is always a pervert running around. Do me a favor and, ugh, clean her slobber will you?”

“Sure thing boss!” Annie began wiping Laura’s leg with a clean towel.

Laura rubbed her lips and stared at her fingers, orange lipstick. Welp, that was not something you see every day. The private eye knew that she was attractive, but she couldn’t be that irresistible right? Maybe that Annie girl had a point.

On the other hand, she was on vacation, so… “Hey girl, when you are done with that, I think my feet need one of your rubs…”

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)