More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GLKnight GLKnight

What's next?

The Inheritance

As soon as The Winthrop's car came to a stop by the garage at the end of the driveway, the kids were already clambering out of the car and running through the front yard.

"We're here," the youngest, Sadie, shouted as she nearly bowled over her twin brother, Shawn. "We're here!"

Quickly getting out of the car, Emma tried to put on her mom voice as their little hellions running around in the unkempt yard.

"Sadie! Don't be so rough with your brother! Janie!"

The gangly pre-teen stopped mid-run at the mere mention of her name.

"Please get control of your brother and sister!"

Before Janie could do anything, the front door to the three level house opened, and out walked a somewhat short older woman, dressed in a bright blue blazer, wearing a bright blue skirt began to stalk her way over to the car. A poorly blonde dye job did nothing to hide the grey in her hair, nor the overly done makeup to hide her age.

"Hello! You must be the Winthrops! My name's Anna! Pleased to meet you, darling!"

Emma tentatively held out her hand, apprehension on her face.

"Emma. And the slowpoke getting out of the car would be my husband, James."

James, ever the languid man he is, had a big dumb smile on his face as he waved before fully stepping out of the car and making his way around to stand next to Emma.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance," he said, as he wrapped his arm around Emma. "I take it you're the real estate agent?"

Emma could obviously tell Anna's eyes were hooked on James, slowly gazing at him up and down like a piece of meat.

"Hmmm, that's right. Your belongings arrived yesterday, and have already been set up. Now, would you like a guided tour to your new home?"

Do the Winthrops take the tour?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)