More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Robopoop Robopoop

What is that?

The Hypno Stone

{first_name} wasted no time in going outside to look at it after changing, ignoring his obnoxious sister on the way. He did not want to argue any more. It was too exhausting to even try. When he got to the front yard, he saw that it was a strange looking box. Picking it up and opening it, he immediately notices that the emerald was attached to the box in a strange intricate way. Thinking that someone might have dropped in here, he pulls at it out of curiosity, jerking in surprise to see that he had popped out a bracelet containing the stone. When it was removed from its box, he suddenly felt a little dizzy. It was as if the world around him blurred as his vision clouded. A few seconds passed and his head stopped spinning, regaining his balance just in time to stop himself from falling over. When he looked down, he saw the bracelet was now attached to his wrist.

"What the fuck?" He tried to pull it off, only to find that it was nigh impossible. It did not feel at all stuck, just unable to budge, as if some unknown was keeping it in place.

It wasn't long before he heard the annoying voice of his sister behind him, "The fuck are you doing outside? Whats that on your arm?"

He whirled around to yell back at her, "Shut up! None of your goddamn business! Go back in the house!"

When he saw her idiotic face, he has expecting her to spew some more verbal poison back at his face. Instead, he finds her standing there, completely incredulous, her expression blank, seconds before she turned around to head towards the front door. Completely stunned over her seemingly random and strangely compliant adherence to his command, he stared at her until the moment the door closed behind her. She did not say a single word to him. Not a single retort, insult or thrown shoe came flying towards him. For the longest moment, he tried to piece it together, thinking about all kinds of possibilities. He looked down at the bracelet, and found that the stone was glowing a bright green glow. Perhaps it had something to do with it...? He had to be sure.

Turning around to look across the street, he spotted his neighbor's family in their front yard, minding their happy-go-lucky lives in ignorance of his presence, and shouted at them, hands cupped like a makeshift megaphone, "The Johnson family! Go back inside your house!"

He watched as everyone who was playing, talking and mowing the lawn in his neighbor's property look blankly ahead of them and went back inside silently. {first_name} could not believe what had just happened. Flimsy evidence as it was, he felt like he had gained some kind of weird hypnotic power that he could project with his voice. Sure, it was the weirdest thing to happen to him, but his elation overpowered any sense of common sense or responsibility. His mind flooded with ideas as he laughed to himself heartily.

What does he do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)