More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by kalanac kalanac

Which mortal do you choose to possess?

The Geek

You approach the form of the geeky guy and allow your essence to extend through the image and into the void beyond. Within moments you extend your being into your new body and awake to find yourself laying on an unmade bed in a small bedroom. You have a quick look around to see what sort of person your vessel is. On the walls you see posters; a mixture of comic book characters and scantily clad women. Seems your vessel was straight, or in serious denial. Shelves line the walls, full of fantasy novels, collectable figurines, and a great many games for various consoles. In your hand, you find a bottle of antidepressants...empty. That explains the .

There's a knock at the door.

"Come in" you say, hoping that enough of your host memories will be available for you to recognise who comes in. The door opens and in enters a young man about your own age (well, the hosts age at least, you're aeons old). Luckily, you are able to recognise him. "What do you want...Dave?"

"Just checkin' on you. You seemed pretty bummed when you came in." says the young man, his voice full of genuine concern. "You strike out again?"

You try to recall the events leading up to your host's suicide; a date (a rare occurrence), a young woman, awkwardness, she left with another man, then the depression got too much...

"Uh...yeah. I'll get over it" you say.

"You wanna go hang out or something?" asks Dave. You take a moment to look at him. Like your host, he seems the geeky type. His clothes are loose fitting, a t-shirt with a logo you recognise from one of the comic books, denim jeans that hang on his waist. His build is slim and his complexion is pale, clearly he doesn't get out much. Just now, he's looking at you with concern, but there's something else there too. There's desire, buried, repressed for the sake of friendship (you share a house) but its definitely there. With your skills, you could uncover it, but you'll need to be cautious. Coming on too strong will probably scare him off.

What do you decide to do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)