More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CaptainPulse CaptainPulse

Which of the Gentleman's stories do we follow?

The Folly of Detective Sullivan

Julia Sullivan had one obsession: The Gentleman. The master criminal that had been eluding the authorities for seven years, that had left a cavalcade of empty vaults and star-struck victims in his wake. The only thing that tied all his crimes together was the state he left all of those victims in; every one of them reported his crimes in a state of total undress. Despite the name he loved to flaunt, he was anything but a gentleman; stripping down innocent women and stealing from them was deplorable, and someone needed to put a stop to him.

As head detective for the city's police , she had dedicated her life to stopping the most loathsome of criminals. Under her influence, crime had come to a standstill in her town, so she had turned her mind to solving other crimes in her spare time. And right now, she was dead set on capturing the Gentleman. Her office was plastered with articles telling of his exploits and poorly focused photos and sketches of him. However, despite all this, the authorities were no closer to capturing him. And neither was she.

A knock came at her office door, and she stuffed away her research into her desk. "Yes, come in." She said, and Officer Dana Masterson walked in. A short woman with blonde hair and a rather petite body, she wasn't a very assertive officer. She was loyal to a T, though, which made her one of Sullivan's top troops.

"D-detective Sullivan." Dana said, stuttering in her naturally thin voice. "We have a new case, Ma'am."

"What is it?" Julia said, walking out from behind her desk. She was a rather tall woman with long brown hair and a clean tan pantsuit, which conformed to her naturally curvy form effortlessly.

"Well, um, you see..." Dana stammered, unsure of how to find the words. "There's a woman here who says she was robbed."

"Well, send her in, maybe she can explain what happened."

"Ummm... right." Dana ducked out and brought in the victim, and Detective Sullivan had to do a double take. She was young, couldn't be more than thirty, with a beautiful tanned and toned physique and short black hair. However, that wasn't as apparent as what had caused the detective to stare. The woman who walked in was completely naked! Obviously flustered, the woman squirmed and ran her hands along her body, frantically trying to cover her boobs, crotch and ass cheeks at the same time.

"Uhh, miss?" Sullivan hesitated. "What exactly happened, here?"

"What does it look like happened? Some devil stole my clothes, that's what!"

"Officer Stevens found her wandering Richards Street like this, and she claims some robber made off with her purse and clothes after making her strip at gunpoint." Officer Masterson spoke up.

A lightbulb went off in Julia's head, running behind her desk, she quickly rifled through her pictures and pulled out one of the police sketches of the Gentleman. "Did the robber look anything like this man?"

The woman squinted. "Sort of, yeah. He was dressed really nice, too. And he had a British accent."

Julia smiled. After years of investigating, her target had walked right into her hometown. It couldn't be more perfect. "Where did you see this man?"

"He ran off towards the old rec center after he made me strip, though I was too worried about people seeing me to pay close attention."

Julia put her hand on the woman's shoulder. "Don't worry madam. We'll catch this miscreant and you'll be clothed within the hour."

The woman visibly brightened, tension releasing from her body. "Really? Oh, thank you detective."

Julia walked into the main concourse of the station. "Listen up everyone. The Gentleman has arrived in our town." A murmur went through the precinct. Everyone knew about Julia's obsession with the known criminal, and the fact that he might be caught in their town was big news. "Officer Stevens. You and Officer Masterson will take me and Detective Ramirez to the Rec Center. We're going to corner the bastard before he gets away."

The two officers put on their uniform caps and the two Detectives their personal wear (a trilby for Sullivan and a fedora for Ramirez) and the four of them sped off for what was sure to be an eventful case.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)