More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Hellsing97 Hellsing97

Which one do you choose?

The Chosen Undead/ Dark Souls

You sit in the corner of your small dank cell and stare into your lap your hands loosely clasped in prayer as you mutter the tails of the past in your mind.

"In the Age of Ancients the world was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of gray crags, Archtrees and Everlasting Dragons. But then there was Fire and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and , and of course, light and dark. Then from the dark, They came, and found the Souls of Lords within the flame. Nito, the First of the Dead, The Witch of Izalith and her Daughters of Chaos, Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights. And the Furtive Pygmy, so easily forgotten.

With the strength of Lords, they challenged the Dragons. Gwyn's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales. The Witches weaved great firestorms. Nito unleashed a miasma of and disease. And Seath the Scaleless betrayed his own, and the Dragons were no more."

As you sit there and recite the only thing thats kept you sain enough not to go hollow as corpes falls from the opening in your ceiling. You look up to its origin and see the head of a knight looking down at you and without a word he leaves, to where you haven't a clue. Standing slowly you go and investigate the body which apon closer inspection turns out to be a hollow that looks like the ones outside your cell that have already lost all hope in restoring their humanity. Around the hollows neck is a key tied with a string. You quickly rip the key from the corpes and jump to your door to try the key, you fumble for a second in your hastiness then find the key hole. The key slides in and you pause, gentaly you twist the key and the lock clicks.

"By the Gods!" You exclaim.

You throw the door open and pause again. Looking down the hall you see a few hollows in rags, some slamming their heads into the stone walls and others sitting looking off into space, their mouths agape. stepping through the threshold of the door you look down at yourself and the cloth around your waist and realize just how similar you look to the hollows. Forcing this thought out of your head you press on down the hall.

"Time to get out of this dung heep, maybe I can find that knight and thank him and see if he knows the way out of the asylum."

The hollows groan and moan as you pass and thats when you hear the faint thumps ahead of you. The farther down the hall you go the louder it gets and the closer you come the more the ground begins to tremble. Then to your right you see a huge monster with a giant axe to match walking back and forth in a large room. You watch for only a second and it stops and turns to you its red eyes widening. In that split second you sprint down the hall and up a flight of stairs to a small room with water to your ankles and a hollow wallowing in the deeper corner. You wade through to the exit and catch your breath as you come up to a ladder. Being the only way out you climb and at the top it leads to a court yard and in the center... a pile of ash with a spiral sword in it. As though posessed you walk to it and hold your hand above the swords hilt and a rush of warmth fills you as the ash sparks into a small fire. You instinctively rest beside it and all your worry melts from you as you watch the small flame dance as if waving to you. After a few minutes of rest you return to the task at hand. You see two doors one comprised of two large wooden doors that lead into what looks like a chaple and the other in the corner of the court yard made of rusted iron bars. You decide to try the later one but it has no handle to grasp and doesn't budge, however from the other side there seems to be a handle.

"Huh, I guess it doesn't open from this side."

You give up and aproach the larger doors and push them at the same time and they slowly begin to open.

What's on the other side?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)