More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by gorel29 gorel29

What's next?

The Captain Addresses her crew.

Captain Tasha had managed to gather her crew that crash in the same area as her escape pod, waving them all over as soon as they were all able to. The tall brunette was rather disheartened that several of her crewmates had shown signs of injury after the crash, but it could not be helped. The event that took down her vessel and left half her crew incinerated and the other half scattered on the surface of this planet was something no one would have predicted. But right now, the only thing she had to worry about NOW was who was left. Breathing deeply and steeling herself, the Captain address her crew.

Raising her arms to get the dozen or so people to look her way, the woman spoke. “Ladies and gentlemen, I know we’ve gone through a traumatic experience, but we can’t dwell on that right now...”

“Can’t dwell on that now?! Half the crew are either dead or stranded on this shit-hole planet!” Yelled out Samantha, garnering murmurs from the rest of the crew that felt the same way.

“EXACTLY!” Answered back Tasha, giving her cadet a stern look. “Half of our friends and family are scattered out there on the continent we landed on, our escape pods have about a week’s worth of supplies to keep us warm and fed until a week after that when the Earth Exploration League shows up to find us!” Seeing her crew respond to the fact of the matter on their situation, she continued. “So, if we want to survive long enough to find our friends and get OFF this proverbial shit-hole, we need to start work fast.”

Everyone looked to each other with an uneasy glance before medical officer Jacobs stepped forward, still holding his patient Roberts who had inured his leg in the crash. “Where do we start first ma’am?”

Smiling back at the man, Tasha pointed towards the pods. “First thing’s first, we need to check what we have in terms of equipment and supplies, once we can assess that we can start working on where we are and how to utilize what’s around us.”

“We’ll gather what we can find captain.” Saluted a pair of cadets, already making their way back to the pods.

“Secondly; we’re on an alien planet, and the rest of our crew didn’t land in the same spot we did.” Pointing to a small group of her crew, Tasha continued. “I want to make sure we can get a means to communicate with our missing crewmates and hopefully if possible to the Exploration League to let them know what our situation is.”

“Yes sir.” The rest of the crew nodded before heading back to the pods to gather resources. Samantha frowned before joining them in heading back to the four pods and get to work. Once her crew were no longer in plain sight of her, Tasha sighed deeply and sat down on a fallen log, wiping the sweat from her forehead and comb her fingers through her hair. Looking over to her medical officer who continued to tend to Roberts her engineering officer, the woman smiled back at the man after he settled Roberts next to her. “Thank you, for a minute there I thought they were going to mutiny against me right after Samantha’s outburst.”

“She’s just upset ma’am, we all are.”

“Yeah…” Winced Roberts, tending to his leg and finding a comfortable spot on the log to sit. “No one saw that coming.”

Going over the supplies she had in her shoulder bag, Captain Tasha rummaged through the supplies she already had on had. A canteen of water, several protein bars, a communication device and a small first aid kit, the last item made her eyes furrow. “Tell me Jacobs, how many do we have injured?”

The thin, dark haired mad rubbed at his scruffy chin in thought, sitting next to Roberts before pulling out an information device out of his pocket, scrolling over something he had written down. “Well… Roberts here has a sprained ankle, that shouldn’t be a problem for too long.”

“The hell it won’t!” Answered the red hair man, rubbing his splinted leg while giving the doctor a dirty look.

“Apart from that we have a couple crew members still in the pod suffering from concussions, I set them on the emergency cots with a cadet to look over them while we had this meeting, I’ll give them your orders when I’m ready with my supplies.”

“Thank you, Jacobs.” Answered Tasha. “Hopefully the other pods didn’t crash TOO far away, we might even be able to find them, but I don’t want to trek in an unfamiliar landscape without knowing what we’ll be in for.”

“What do you mean Captain?”

“Raising an eyebrow and looking towards the curious Roberts, Captain Tasha answered. “We’re on a planet that’s dangerous to land in, in a sector no one has studied or visited in years if at all.” Putting he satchel back over her satchel, Tasha stood up and made ready to head back to the pods when Jacobs helped Roberts back on his feet. “Hell, for all we know the plant life here is poisonous, the air is toxic, the water acidic and the sunlight cancerous!”

“You know… You have a gift for motivational speeches, you know that, right captain?”

Ignoring the snark from her engineering officer, the woman made back for the pods while her crew salvaged what they could.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)