More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Diamondqueen666 Diamondqueen666

Who are we following

The Blubberwurms

One of the five founding species of the Galactic Commons, the Blubberwurms are known for their drastic sexual dimorphism. In fact, after encountering other sentient aliens, they were initially categorized as two different species, and it was thought by other sapiens that the males were actually a subservient species, due to the matriarchal nature of Blubberwurm society. The name, Blubberwurm, refers to the female's fat squishy body and elongated abdomen. A rumor says that when the Empress (long may she reign) learned that other aliens had named their species after the female half, she found it very amusing, and then insisted on Blubberwurm remaining their official denomination in the GC.

Their home planet was extremely humid, and their ancestors evolved in semi-aquatic environments. Modern Blubberwurms are remarkably versatile, and thrive on land and in shallow waters, with a preference for amphibious terrain. Their homeworld capital is located in a mangrove, and has been classified "Worst GC capital to visit for alien species", a fact that they are quite proud of.

Some characteristics are common among both genders: All have four legs, four arms, two pairs of eyes, frill-covered antennas and a tail. They have a head on top of an upright torso, attached to a horizontal abdomen (some humans have compared them in the past to a mythological creature from their home planet's culture called a "sentaur", a comparison that is said to be considered offensive by the Blubberwurms). While the shape of their body is similar, males and females look different enough to be mistaken for different species.

The female is several times larger than their male counterpart. A female usually stand between 1.3 and 2 meters tall, but their much longer abdomen can be up to 3 meters long. In comparison, a male Blubberwurm rarely stands taller than a meter, and their abdomen is usually much shorter at an average of 0.5 meter. Females are also recognizable by their large accumulation of fatty tissues, whereas the males are built quite lean. The average female weigh between 700 and 1000 lbs, while the average male weigh between 50 and 100 lbs. For these obvious reasons, the males are lot quicker and nimbler.

The females' gait resemble that of an Earth's crocodile, as their legs come out from the side of their abdomen, which they usually keep close to the ground due to their weight. Females have a stubby triangular tail, while the males have an elongated prehensile tail. Females often have bright colorful skin, with genetically-inherited markings of varied colors. Males are almost exclusively brown or a dull orange.

In terms of sensory organs, both males and females have four eyes and two antennas, but their shape and size vary considerably. The females' eyes are still considered to be "large" by some other species' standard (notably, humans), but they are much smaller than the males' eyes. However, the females' antenna are considerably more complex than the males', allowing them to sense their surrounding with remarkable accuracy.

Their sexual organs are very different. The males have one penis centered below their abdomen, while the females have four vulvas, one behind each one of their chubby legs. The females' chest also hosts four mammary glands; They do not view their breasts as sexual characteristics, but meeting other sapiens taught them that a lot of mammalian-type species do.

The females can carry four simultaneous pregnancy, as they possess four wombs. Blubberwurm pregnancies will most often result in a litter of 4 to 10 males, but can also result in the birth of one single female. In the womb, females tend to be quite territorial, and will thus absorb their siblings before birth. 1 in 10,000,000 pregnancy can also result in female twins, in rare cases where two female embryos are equally matched and neither is strong enough to eat the other during their time in the womb (but will still eat all the others).

There are also a large number of behavioral and intellectual differences between males and females of the species, which has lead the female half to mostly take charge in matter of communications and negotiations with alien sapiens. Furthermore, the drastic difference in longevity (around an average of 35 Earth-years for males, 3000 Earth-years for females) means that females are much better suited at playing politic, as they can more easily visualize long-term scenarios.

Which Blubberwurm are we following?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)