More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Robopoop Robopoop

What now?

The Bimbo Dimension

John could not resist it any longer. That door in the alleyway behind his workplace had piqued his curiosity for far too long, and he felt like he had to get to the bottom of the mystery once and for all. A week ago, that tiny little dead end stretch of nothingness was just as empty as it should have been, devoid of people, construction works or trash of any kind, when suddenly, that strange, ominous looking wooden door appeared from out of nowhere, perfectly attached to the concrete wall with no sign of there being any form of tampering to its surroundings. He could not recall there ever being anyone around, considering that his workstation was directly next to to the window overlooking it. He would have at least heard the installation in progress. Installing a door was not a quiet job. If anyone would have came to install the door, he would have seen at least a truck or two or a few workers mulling about in or around the restaurant, but there was absolutely nothing that would explain how that mysterious door got there.

After his shift was over, he put away his dishwasher's apron and snuck outside into the alley. When he was face to face with the door, he inspected it carefully, finding that it was like any other ordinary door, made from simple varnished wood with a simple brass door handle. Now that he was looking at it though, he did see a barely noticeable engraving on its front, a huge capital letter 'B'. It could mean just about anything. Definitely not part of the restaurant he worked in. There was nothing else to do then but test his luck, placing a hand over the handle to twist it cautiously. The moment the door opened an inch, everything went dark, like some kind of cutscene from a computer game. For the longest minute of his life, John floundered in the nothingness, unable to see or feel anything. He could no longer feel the wind or smell the pungent odor of a typical back city alleyway. He was in total darkness, until he found his vision coming back, blinking himself into being, to find himself still alive and kicking. Peering around and trying his best not to freak out, he found that he seemed to be back in the alley he was just in moments ago, but now facing the street. Looking behind him, the door had disappeared. Tapping the wall where it should have been revealed no trace of it ever being there.

Confusion sank in. What the fuck just happened to him? Was it all just a dream? Did he black out? Some weird X Files slash David Blaine themed prank his coworkers pulled on him? If it was the latter, there was no sign of any giggling coworkers anywhere. The alley was still only occupied by him by his lonesome.

What does John do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)