More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Tsuchigumo550 Tsuchigumo550

Which era calls most to you?

The Age of Modernity - The Golden City

The march of modern technologies brought with it great luxuries that previous eras could have only dreamed of- even if many aspects of the world remained entirely the same. Even as the sprawling city grew out along subway lines, the ratio of places to drink to bathrooms only ballooned further out of control- and while none believed in "magic", the sheer variety of drinks on offer, as well as the supposed benefits they had, or how rare they were, was likely even greater than it had ever been prior.

Enduring one's ever-growing needs was no longer done in service of a Goddess, at least for most- rather, it was now a societal expectation and even a sign of status; drinking in excess with little to no chance of relief was simply how things were, and how they should be. Although few were bold enough to be so forward, there was an undercurrent of enjoying the suffering, making games and entertainment of it. Exclusive clubs, virtual idol shows, various social media challenges and the like- the more things changed, the more they stayed the same.

Although there were no longer physical infinite horizons to venture into, explore, and conquer, the people of Inryo turned inward to develop their own. Endless growth as a policy could only carry a populace so far- but the grand technologies developed along the way helped keep things in balance. Progress stayed a step ahead of greed, and eventually, Inryo perfected the greatest of technologies...

but, this Era is for everything before that.

What's today's big event?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)