More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Tsuchigumo550 Tsuchigumo550

Which era calls most to you?

The Age of Fantasy - Crown City

In the earliest records of history, Inryo existed as a single point of civilization nestled in the center of an infinite, untamed wilderness. Although none could remember a time before the city existed, all of Inryo's six races adamantly believed that it was their Goddess who first created it, who created them, and blessed them with the knowledge and the tools necessary to venture out upon the infinite seas, or the endless dungeons- and the power necessary to defeat what lurked within.

The widespread belief that drinks held magical powers, each ingredient, preparation method, and mixture potentially granting radically different abilities, buffs, and special effects, lead to the opening of dozens of taverns. The devout faith in the Goddess and the inherent divinity of endurance lead to the deathlessness of adventuresses, who would awaken within Her great temples after even the worst failed excursion. The endless, ever-shifting nature of the dungeons on land and the islands at sea meant an infinite if ever-changing supply of materials, from which the city could grow, drinks could be made, and a profit could be turned.

At some point, the golden age became a dark age, that no record thus uncovered could shed light on. Something- be it cataclysm or otherwise- reshaped the world. Although the hostility of the infinite wilderness faded, so too did the direct influence of the Goddess, as faith and magic faded from the world. Old beliefs, traditions, and promises were forgotten as the first seeds of modernity blossomed- but ancient methodology still creeped in, in the form of nutrients in rich soil.

Weave one of fate's many threads...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)